Xbox 360 or PS3 again?

Hi guys.Planning to buy one of these,X360 or the PS3.

Personally, at the moment buying a X360 looks like the way to go with a better catalog of games.Also the ps3 games are kinda expensive.But pls feel free to correct me.Also the X360 can be modded to play ahem copies so thats a big boost.So what should i do?

Also what type of X360 console should i go for,ntsc-j from ther grey market or buy a PAL original Pro console from an authorised dealer?Pls reply fast as im planning to buy one today if possible.I want to be able to play the ahem copies on the x360.Also what is a softmod on the x360??

Params7 said:
buying x360 without official warranty isn't recommended. getting modded would void the warranty.

if u soft mod the 360 the warranty is not void.
its down to this.

if u can spend money on original games then go for ps3. as both consoles cost almost the same & also original games cost the same.

if you are going to softmod a 360 vs ps3 original then go for 360.

PS3 is the future whereas 360 is ready for instant consumption.

Personally I have seen 360 & was not that impressed with it but then again i have not seen many games on it.

Since you are looking for instant gratification go for 360.

Then the X360 it will be for now coz im planning to import the PS3 later frm ma cousin in the USA.So for now cud u quickly recommend the top 5 or 10 must have X360 games....

bombaybaba said:
Since you are looking for instant gratification go for 360.

^^ +1. Agree with him.

PLAYSTATION 3!!! PERIOD.
Hahahah.
There is just one game that i actually am really keen on. Actually make it 2. FF13(ya ya make fun of me and my emo tendency) and MGS 4. And i will Definately be buying original's, coz i support Sqnix and Konami. As it is im playing PS2 ahem ahem games on my ps3, so thats good enough for me. But the thing about ahem games is that, i dont even manage to finish one to start the next, since they can be downloaded, i just play em for 10 mins and say boring and move on. Where as with PS3 games, i gotta sit thru and play it, which actually makes me realize that its not ALL that bad.(But then again maybe im trying to make myself feel better for buying s!hit worth 2500; hehehe).

Oh btw i will be getting xbox 360 aswell end of this year or something (there's a reason for this statement its got something to do with the size of the graphic processor for the xb00x), for fable 2 and mass effect. And that cheap slut (wii) next month.

Good Luck.

P.S : Does this mean im a console junkie? YOU BET!
P.S 2: Im pretty sure that my input has confused you even further as to what to get. WELCOME TO MY WORLD (-3 months). lol.

Went to buy an X360 today but there was some kinda raid there today and the shopowner couldnt sell any ahem games along with the ntsc modded X360.So had to come back home empty handed,sob!

But since then ive been thinkin abt buying the original PAL X360 pro console only if I could softmod it on my own.Offer price is 23K.If someone could gimme a link to a guide for softmodding the original PAL X360,it wud be gr8.Afterall,warranty is important esp. with the rate of failure of this console being so high.

This whole "instant gratification" "the X360 has no future" crap has to stop. Are you people forever going to be blinded by your fanboyism?

Ck Nish said:
This whole "instant gratification" "the X360 has no future" crap has to stop. Are you people forever going to be blinded by your fanboyism?

Ditto.

PS 3 has (finally) a decent year ahead of it. But the 360 has (yet another) good year coming up.

You have

Banjo-Kazooie Exclusive
Fable 2 Exclusive
Halo Wars Exclusive
Ninja Gaiden 2 Exclusive
Splinter Cell:Conviction Exclusive
Too Human Exclusive
Saint’s Row 2 Exclusive

I am sure I have missed some titles.

And the usual multi platform releases.

Alan Wake
Turok
Army of Two
Resident Evil 5
Fallout 3
Grand Theft Auto IV
Devil May Cry 4
Silent Hill V
Alone in the Dark
etc.

Plus the ones for 2009 like next Halo game, Mass effect 2, Bioshock 2, Dead rising 2, Gears of war 2 and Crackdown 2. Some of which are confirmed, some of which are rumoured but pretty much all of them are guaranteed. And most of them would be exclusives.

So yeah not a bad time to splash out for a 360.

BTW Mass effect rules!

Slightly longer version of above list. Most of it is multiplatform (also for PS3 or PC or all three) but a good bit of exclusives in there as well.

Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom
NFL Tour
Burnout Paradise
Bully
Culdecept Saga
Devil May Cry 4
The Club
Turok
World in Conflict
Frontlines: Fuel of War
Lost Odyssey [li[Supreme Commander
Dynasty Warriors 6
Condemned 2: Bloodshot
Dark Sector
LOST
Universe at War: Earth Assault
Grand Theft Auto IV
Army of Two
Destroy All Humans 3: Path of Furon
Tom Clancy’s EndWar
Sega Superstars Tennis
Winning Eleven Pro Soccer 2008
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Warhammer: Battle March
Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway
Battlefield: Bad Company
Command & Conquer 3: Kane’s Wrath
Alone in the Dark
Halo Wars
Huxley
Ninja Gaiden 2
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Rogue Warriors
Unreal Tournament III
Iron Man
Resident Evil 5
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Left 4 Dead
Too Human: Part 1
Borderlands
The Wheelman
Golden Axe
Fallout 3
Prototype
Mobile Ops: The One Year War
Ghostbusters
Dead Space
Brutal Legend
Alan Wake
Silent Hill V
Soul Calibur IV
Turning Point: Fall of Liberty
FIFA Street 3
Midnight Club: Los Angeles
Civilization Revolution
Fracture
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena
LEGO Indiana Jones
NBA Ballers Chosen One
TNA Impact
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Fable 2
Dead Island
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
Indiana Jones
LEGO Batman
Operation Darkness
Postal III
Saint’s Row 2
Banjo-Kazooie
Alien FPS
Alien RPG

If you cant find anything to look forward to in that list you are dead inside.

Damn, son! That is an impressive list.

m47r1m said:
If you cant find anything to look forward to in that list you are dead inside.

Or you must have a heart carved out in the shape of a Sony logo.

BTW Mass effect rules!

Nice! Someone here who's played it. Are the elevator load times really that long?:p

Ck Nish said:
Damn, son! That is an impressive list.

Or you must have a heart carved out in the shape of a Sony logo.

Nice! Someone here who's played it. Are the elevator load times really that long?:p

They arent load times exactly because there is usually some announcement going on in the elevator that you should be paying attention to, mostly some clues to your ingame quests or side quests.

But yeah they can be a bit excessive, you could be stuck in an elevator for as long as ten seconds. Then the illusion breaks because if you take the same elevator down right away it takes three seconds to reach the floor. Maybe gravity kicks in. :)

And the texture pop in can be severe when you load a game.

But having said that its the only game this year that I have finished and started right back up. And thats saying a lot because I played Halo 3, Cod 4, Crysis, Bioshock etc this year so I wasnt exactly starved for quality.

Easily the game of the year for me. Which again is a pretty big compliment because I played mostly every big game on PS2, Xbox 360, DS and PC over the last year.

I am an official Bioware fanboy though. :D

Responding to recent posts on the matter of PS3 vs X360 and which system the year 2008 belongs too, I'll say it is undoubtedly the PS3. First line of big-hype exclusives the fans have been waiting for since years now are in line this year.

m47r1m said:
I am an official Bioware fanboy though.

And there's gonna be a sequel, too. Hope you won't sign your soul over to Bioware when that one comes out.:p

Params said:
First line of big-hype exclusives the fans have been waiting for since years now are in line this year.

Let me guess. MGS4, MGS4 and before I forget, MGS4 right?

Back