XBOX Series S as basic PC needs

ashu

Disciple
Hi Guys,
My Home PC motherboard died recently. I was wondering if the XBOX Series S can be utilize for basic PC needs such as Browsing, opening office docs, media consumption?
Experience fellow members can feedback.
Thanks in advance.

So office Support will be thru the Browser and a Office 365 account, while it may be possible if you have a keyboard or mouse, i would prefer to get a low end NUC instead , to save space and have a dedicated PC to run the full suite of PC software

Won't recommend it unless gaming is high up the priority list, although it can be used for basic office work, it is not optimized for it that well. there is also the drawback of limited storage, you will need external drives to compensate for it, you can easily build a budget rig for the price with a good upgradability path.

New Ryzen APU build - 30.5k

you can always use components from your old system and explore the used market for other parts and cut down the cost to half of what a new build cost.

Hi Guys,
My Home PC motherboard died recently. I was wondering if the XBOX Series S can be utilize for basic PC needs such as Browsing, opening office docs, media consumption?
Experience fellow members can feedback.
Thanks in advance.
This is NOT a good idea. Technically you can run basic basic stuffs on a console. But the experience will be sub par. Better to get an inexpensive NUC for that purpose. Or you can also get the use office PC fo super cheap. That will serve a better purpose.

Consider buying something like this

You'd be better off buying a new motherboard altogether

Consider buying something like this

You'd be better off buying a new motherboard altogether
Where do we get to buy this kind of stuff offline in Delhi / or Kolkata for cheap. Don't need a killer specs. Just basic stuffs will be fine.

Hi Guys, I got the new motherboard but unfortunately now I found the CPU is faulty. I am getting second hand I3 7350K for Rs. 4000 in offline market.. is it good deal?

If possible return the motherboard, make a keychain out of the ded CPU (lol) and get something akin to what @joy.das.jd recommended. Yes it costs more, but this comes with 8th gen Intel, hence supports Windows 11 with the security patches (along with the bugs ofcourse). If you are going down the linux route then the CPU sounds like an ok-ish deal.
Hi Guys, I got the new motherboard but unfortunately now I found the CPU is faulty. I am getting second hand I3 7350K for Rs. 4000 in offline market.. is it good deal?

Back