SENSORS
Compass/ Magnetometer No
Proximity sensor Yes
Accelerometer Yes
Ambient light sensor Yes
Gyroscope Yes
Barometer No
Temperature sensor No

They should have put quad hd resolution on such big screen.
This is where people needs to understand the positioning of the products... and Mi as well.
1. 625 supports max 1080p res - planning for qHD needs to upgrade processor to higher variant, increasing the cost.
2. This device is not for VR (Too big to use as one) - so no point of having a qHD.
3. getting a qHD panel will raise the cost.
4. if everything is done, lets start the bashing saying the device is costly.

Oh sure why not, we need more phones with 625:banghead: like the upcoming MI5x

I think the other way...
The more the processor is used (Higher market share) the better the Custom ROM Support for the device.
And developers know the mostly used phones and processors (You think google sits idle?) which in-turn forces them to optimize the apps for better efficiency.[DOUBLEPOST=1500523046][/DOUBLEPOST]Note to add...
The processing power requirements have already reached a plateau..
you can see 3 year old phones still usable.
So I believe for the target customer, who uses mostly whatsapp, facebook, gmail & chrome. this setup provides the best balance of power and effiiciency.[DOUBLEPOST=1500541678][/DOUBLEPOST]Just bought one.... Directly from Mi home.. (in fact 2nd guy there)
really happy with the performance
will update as things unfold.

Last edited:
Update 1: build quality is wonderful... Imagine iPhone 7 plus in 6.5 form...
Interface is shit... Reduced the dpi to 320 and installed Google now launcher...
Battery is miles ahead... 2 hrs 4g browsing drained 10%

How good is this at handling, since it's huge ? Though I am waiting for this year's iPhones, this is one of phone which have caught my attention. Using Redmi Note 3 with Resurrection Remix currently, but seems my usage has increased a lot. Max I can get is 6 hours SoT in around a day - on 3G network with data being used only for an hour a day at max. Other usage being gaming for an hour and 3 hours of WhatsApp usage on top of casual surfing, calling etc.

How good is this at handling, since it's huge ? Though I am waiting for this year's iPhones, this is one of phone which have caught my attention. Using Redmi Note 3 with Resurrection Remix currently, but seems my usage has increased a lot. Max I can get is 6 hours SoT in around a day - on 3G network with data being used only for an hour a day at max. Other usage being gaming for an hour and 3 hours of WhatsApp usage on top of casual surfing, calling etc.
Feel?
Yes it does feel huge... But only for the 1st few hours/days...
Then all other phones feel puny..
And moreover, Size is relative, For a 6ft 103kgs (Ex power lifter) it feels normal (No boasting, just to relate the dimensions).
On another note, I was the early adopter of galaxy note 1 (when people laughed at me).
If you like and need the phone, just go for it..
Note: Enable one hand mode, for emergency cases, it helps a lot...
Will try to attach the SOT with 90% 4G, 10% wifi.

90% 4g[DOUBLEPOST=1500864768][/DOUBLEPOST]Thats the 1st charge...
and heavy usage spanning 2-3 days.

Attachments

• 1500864682240.jpg
    1500864682240.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 191
[DOUBLEPOST=1500950129][/DOUBLEPOST]
How good it fits in jean pocket is riding a bike comfortable with this on pocket?
I drive with this in my pocket.. (Size is again relative guys)
i use one handed mode if I want to stop the vehicle, and pick a call or reply a message.[DOUBLEPOST=1500950437][/DOUBLEPOST]Update 2: Applied for unlock and got approved.
But i need to unlock for changing the DPI in build prop, and not in wm density.
If MIUI 9 provides the option (it exists on stock 7.0 onwards), i might not need to unlock.

Battery life still impress me. (I was searching for the charger as it was more than 3 days since the device was charged)

Got the official flip cover and screen protector. (Flip Cover lacks corner protection, but lack of it keeps the footprint small)

Last edited by a moderator:
Update 3: battery life seems to get better charge by charge. More than 9:30 hrs screen on time with 16% left.
With dual sim and 4g on all the time

Last edited:
Back