Xiaomi Mi Pad 5 vs iPad?

Let's not start that kind of debate.
I don't think people need to be taught about iPad os and Android os differences.
It's for those who like Android OS.

This mi pad is as near as stock with very minimal MIUI interference and crazy fast even on 60hz
That was a genuine query because I thought you own iPads too. There was no need to be so rude for such a basic question. iPad is a lot more expensive so differences will be there but this one seems good too so asked you. Also, iPad is 60 HZ too. Anyway GLFS.

That was a genuine query because I thought you own iPads too. There was no need to be so rude for such a basic question. iPad is a lot more expensive so differences will be there but this one seems good too so asked you. Also, iPad is 60 HZ too. Anyway GLFS.
May be it sounded rude on reading but when I read it with my expressions it's not at all rude.
Sorry if it made u feel like that.
You can create a thread in tablets section for that question and I will be happy to elaborate.

Sorry

I'd say it depends on your budget and use case. My friend has a Mi pad 5 so i tried it to see how it compares vs my Air 4/ipad 7th gen i had before.
Mi pad is similar to Air 4 in terms of display, speakers, usb c, smaller bezels. Both could handle games like Apex, Genshin.
While 7th gen isn't better in these categories compared to the mi pad(maybe the latest 10th gen is similar since it's like a recycled Air4 but with gen1 pencil, also more expensive), so not worth it unless one really has the ecosystem/pencil experience as a priority.

Last edited:
I'd say it depends on your budget and use case. My friend has a Mi pad 5 so i tried it to see how it compares vs my Air 4/ipad 7th gen i had before.
Mi pad is similar to Air 4 in terms of display, speakers, usb c, smaller bezels. Both could handle games like Apex, Genshin.
While 7th gen isn't better in these categories compared to the mi pad(maybe the latest 10th gen is similar since it's like a recycled Air4 but with gen1 pencil, also more expensive), so not worth it unless one really has the ecosystem/pencil experience as a priority.
Display on the mi pad 5 is much better than same rate ipad ....

The Mi pad 5 is a great product, I bought one 4 months ago. 256gb model for 28k. For that price, you get clean UI without ads and bloatware out of the box (usually xiaomi products have those). QHD screen with 120 Hz, 4 speakers, snapdragon 865 processor.

I will compare to an ipad in the same price range. I think you get a lot more for the same price on the pad 5. There is an ipad 9th gen 64gb for 29k on flipkart. It has thick bezels and 60 Hz screen. Obviously, iOS and software support is better on apple.
Performance, u will be satisfied on both. I have played many games (Asphalt, etc.) on pad 5 and it handles it easily. Another big thing is Android is so much easier to deal with, copying movies, songs, etc. between your PC. You also get 256 gb vs 64 gb storage. You can use cracked apks, and install apps not from play store (not possible on apple).

One thing i dont like about the pad 5 is that you will need to use the stock launcher if you want to use navigation gestures.

I primarily use it for reading manga for 1-2 hrs daily (using tachiyomi app). This is not possible on iOS, since tachiyomi is available only on android. and you will have a hard time finding an app that good on iOS. I get around 2-3 days of battery life (100 to 20 %), with daily 2-3 hrs of SOT.

To conclude, I think this is the best option in this price range.

How's the ad ware bloatware scene on Xiaomi OS es nowdays? They have got a lot of flak in the past for tapping excessive user data from their own browsers etc. The tablet specs seem super interesting at the price point

How's the ad ware bloatware scene on Xiaomi OS es nowdays? They have got a lot of flak in the past for tapping excessive user data from their own browsers etc. The tablet specs seem super interesting at the price point
I think it depends on the phone or tablet according to a youtube video I saw (what bloatware comes by default). For Mi Pad 5 I can tell you it comes out of the box with no ads. 1 or 2 apps (Facebook) comes pre installed. It is good compared to what i have seen online on other xiaomi phones, Ads on lock screen, etc.

I think it depends on the phone or tablet according to a youtube video I saw (what bloatware comes by default). For Mi Pad 5 I can tell you it comes out of the box with no ads. 1 or 2 apps (Facebook) comes pre installed. It is good compared to what i have seen online on other xiaomi phones, Ads on lock screen, etc.
Good to know, their phones had such a bad record that it made me wary of trying their tab

Which cover goes well with this tab? The official one is out of stock, and looks similar to the generic cases which are 1/4th the cost.
I went to a local store and tried 3-4 covers, I didnt like any of them. Most were hard to put on and remove. I wanted one where I can easily take the tablet out of the case (the grip of the cover shouldnt be that hard to take off).
Checked amazon and bought one.
I bought the black colour of this. Using for like 4 months, it is fine. The top left of the back of the case (near camera) has started to peel off slightly last week (can be easily glued back). The text in the front is not that noticeable in black colour. It gets a bit bulky with the cover.
I think it is an average cover, nothing special. The options were limited when i bought.
Your best bet is to try something locally otherwise find something from amazon.

Back