Android Xiaomi Mi3 - unable to set Google Now as the default launcher

su30mki117

Disciple
Facing a few minor irritating problems. Firstly, unable to use any of the App Lockers to lock individual apps, maybe the memory management is too aggressive and the Locker app gets killed, not sure. Secondly, as the Google Now Launcher is now officially available for download from the Play Store, thought of giving it a try, but unable to set it as the default launcher.
Any suggestions might help.

Facing a few minor irritating problems. Firstly, unable to use any of the App Lockers to lock individual apps, maybe the memory management is too aggressive and the Locker app gets killed, not sure. Secondly, as the Google Now Launcher is now officially available for download from the Play Store, thought of giving it a try, but unable to set it as the default launcher.
Go to Settings->Display->Default Launcher

In general, go to Settings->Apps->Default apps (at bottom) to change apps for browsing, SMS, etc.[DOUBLEPOST=1407130398][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yes its the SD version..
Could you share the name of the downloaded file (in "downloaded_rom" folder) ?

And if possible, upload it to dropbox/Mega ?

Last edited:
@piper
Go to Settings->Display->Default Launcher

In general, go to Settings->Apps->Default apps (at bottom) to change apps for browsing, SMS, etc.

I don't get an option to set the Google Now Launcher as the default launcher. It's not even listed here -
Settings->Display->Default Launcher or here Settings->Apps->Default apps.

But I don't face the same issue with Nova launcher. It's just the Google Now Launcher.

Display settings - select launcher

@Faraz @mrnikhilsudo
Nope, it's not listed under Display settings - select launcher
1407138150665.jpg

Try using trebuchet instead of google now launcher, its pretty same except some minor things and that will be visible under the default launcher settings also

@mrnikhilsudo
What I am trying to say is, even after installing the Google Now Launcher, I am unable to select it as the default launcher since it is not listed under Display - Default launcher

Anyway, thought of giving the Aviate Launcher a try. So far so good.

Attachments

• 1407173355447.jpg
    1407173355447.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:
@mrnikhilsudo
What I am trying to say is, even after installing the Google Now Launcher, I am unable to select it as the default launcher since it is not listed under Display - Default launcher

Anyway, thought of giving the Aviate Launcher a try. So far so good.

Oh, that's weird. Don't know why that's happening. You could try an app from play Store to change your launcher. I dont remember their names but there ara quite a few

I think this problem occurs after updating MIUI version onto 23.0(Stable). I can use google launcher on version 18.0(Stable) but on different xiaomi mi3.

Back