Xiaomi Product launch India - SmarterLiving 2020

6pack

ex-Mod
Live stream going on.

Till now: 4K tv's at low prices. 20W soundbar at 4999.

Screenshot_2019-09-17_12-42-44.png

New water purifier. It's RO+UV with DIY filter change.

Screenshot_2019-09-17_12-47-15.png

Screenshot_2019-09-17_12-52-38.png

Screenshot_2019-09-17_12-54-28.png
Screenshot_2019-09-17_12-55-27.png
Screenshot_2019-09-17_13-01-19.png

Price: 11999/- Price of refill not known now.

MI Band 4 - Rs 2299/-

Screenshot_2019-09-17_13-12-49.png

Last item - MI Motion Activated Night Lamp 2 - they want to sell it at Rs 500 on MI.com through crowd funding or something.

Last edited:
Might be interested in the soundbar. Not sure is 20w is plenty or not. I don't understand the difference between the old watts system where we would say 1000W music system and newer one which said RMS Watts.

Guys, I am planning to purchase the water purifier from xiaomi but I don't know the price of filters from other company, can someone already using some other company's water purifier shed some light on the price of the filter? how many times in a year do we need to change these filters
Thanks

Last edited:
Guys, I am planning to purchase the water purifier from xiaomi but I don't know the price of filters from other company, can someone already using some other company's water purifier shed some light on the price of the filter? how many times in a year do we need to change these filters
Thanks
We have Aquaguard Enhance RO plus UV. Change it once a year. Kit is for about 2400-2600.

The price of Water Purifier's filter as mentioned on their website
View attachment 82029

That is extremely steep pricing. Filters to be changed every year or by 3600 liters according to their estimate.

PPC filter : Up to 1 year ‘or’ 10000L of tap water
RO filter : Up to 1 year ‘or’ 3600L of pure water
PAC filter : Up to 1 year ‘or’ 3600L of pure water

Even if the PPC filter takes the brunt of the dissolved particles, it would last a little more than a year. If usage is 3600+ liters a year this is going to cost Rs.3098. This is like paying 3 years AMC for aquaguard (who will do home visits at least 6 times in the 3 year period) every year.
That 3600 liters is just 12 liters of water per day which is what my usage is. This is not feasible no matter how good it is for changing filters or looking at filtration stats in the phone.

Last edited:
Thanks
Do you really need an RO water filter? Have you checked the water TDS levels? If it is below 300 then don't even bother with RO. UV+UF will be more than enough and the filter cost is also quite less.

Thanks
I think price of filter with purifier is fine

I am using Hindustan lever ro uv plus tds they are real thugs every year have to change gkk1 kit & for every two year gkk2 kit the thing is you dont know which filter they asked to replace next the water purifier stop working & asked to contact customer care

Over this there is a service visit charges , xiaomi has only three separate filter with diy filter changes so there is a greater transparency

The price of Water Purifier's filter as mentioned on their website
View attachment 82029
Criminally high cost of replacement filter. Like most other companies they bank or earning from from refills instead of price of purifier itself. Cost of RO cartridge is reasonable though.

Cost of one set of filters will be around 3000. And this doesn't includes UV lamp, if they are using a proprietary connector for uv lamp , be ready to pay a premium for that as well.

Last edited:
Do you really need an RO water filter? Have you checked the water TDS levels? If it is below 300 then don't even bother with RO. UV+UF will be more than enough and the filter cost is also quite less.
No I haven't checked the water TDS levels but I was thinking from a health point to install a water purifier and once purchasing then I thought RO would be better along with UV+UF instead of having only UV+UF.

No I haven't checked the water TDS levels but I was thinking from a health point to install a water purifier and once purchasing then I thought RO would be better along with UV+UF instead of having only UV+UF.
From a health pov tds is good. As indy said...Under 300 no need for RO

You just need sediment filter and UV to kill any germs. I am speaking from Bangalore Cauvery river water pov. Your water might be different.
Post automatically merged:

That is extremely steep pricing. Filters to be changed every year or by 3600 liters according to their estimate.

PPC filter : Up to 1 year ‘or’ 10000L of tap water
RO filter : Up to 1 year ‘or’ 3600L of pure water
PAC filter : Up to 1 year ‘or’ 3600L of pure water

Even if the PPC filter takes the brunt of the dissolved particles, it would last a little more than a year. If usage is 3600+ liters a year this is going to cost Rs.3098. This is like paying 3 years AMC for aquaguard (who will do home visits at least 6 times in the 3 year period) every year.
That 3600 liters is just 12 liters of water per day which is what my usage is. This is not feasible no matter how good it is for changing filters or looking at filtration stats in the phone.
I guess Indian companies have nothing to fear then :)

I had my bore water tested at Institute of Preventive Medicine. Even at 400 PPM it was considered safe except for the marginal traces of Flouride which was higher than what is safe of human consumption. Hence, I had to go for RO, else I would have gone for a UV filter. I suggest you get the water tested in a reputed lab to identify what contaminants are present in your water and then decide if you really need RO. RO, typically deprives you of minerals naturally dissolved in water. I do not trust the TDS controller claims. How exactly would they control the TDS without adding raw water back into circulation?

Check it. You will end up spending way more on an RO purifier than just the initial cost.

The TDS measuring device costs 200 bucks.

Check it. You will end up spending way more on an RO purifier than just the initial cost.

The TDS measuring device costs 200 bucks.

I just fail to understand why people keep saying that the cost of maintaining an RO is high. I have a zero-B under the sink type RO system with pressured tank. It uses some pre filters (3 I think) and the RO membrane. I get a local RO mechanic (a former employee of ION exchange, the company that makes the Zero B brand RO systems) to maintain it. He charges around Rs 250 / visit. I replace the filters once in 2 years may be. All those filters are very cheap. The RO membrane, I ensure that I only use the Filmtec membrane by 3M. They cost around 20% more than the Chinese ones but last around 2 years for me. In fact I have been using the same filters and membrane for over 3 years now. The unit is now 12.5 years old. It is making a lot of noise (I guess the pump is giving up). May be time to replace it. BTW, my TDS is over 450 PPM. The capacity of the RO system is 25L/hour.

Two important points I forgot to mention:
1. I supply software. i.e, I supply water that has been treated for hardness using an Ion Exchange Water Softener.
2. The unit as an AFT (Auto Flushing Timer) which flushes the minerals deposited on the RO membrane.

Last edited:
Back