Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate 6 Stopped using i7 to its full potential suddenly!!

Hey,
I am using Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate 6 for a long time now,
It used to utilize all 8 Threads to 100% and the converting would be super fast...

But 3 months ago after I updated it to a newer version available, it suddenly stopped using the processor to its full potential and now just used around 50% in total...
[ie. 30% to 70% of each thread = average 100%]

I tried reinstalling the old version, still the same performance...
I tried so many combination and uninstalled and reinstalled it 8-9 times atleast...
[Because its the only one that I have seen using i7 to its max...]

Then I thought it may be a Windows/ Registry issue...
So I thought lets see what happens after I format and reinstall windows 7 Ultimate [64-Bit]

Now that I finally took a new 2TB HDD, I did all the Data shifting and reinstalled Windows 7.

Now I installed the old version that worked at 100% that too with the same setup file...
But to my surprise it still uses 50% average...

What must be the problem???
I guess many Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate 6 users must have faced this...

Plz help...

Re: Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate 6 Stopped using i7 to its full potential sudden

131 Views and nothing???

Come on need help here...
any other softwares using an OCed i7 to its max at 8 threads???

Re: Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate 6 Stopped using i7 to its full potential sudden

Though i don't have any idea about xilisoft.... but once i started using super video decoder, i didn't feel the need to look around other converters!! and it converts much faster than xilisoft(which i used 2 year back) !!

You can click on the right side of the green box that shows the cores being used in Xilisoft, and disable the core.

Maybe you accidentally clicked on some core and disabled it and that somehow got stored in your settings that don't get removed when you uninstall the thing.

Try clicking on the inactive cores.

Yes rockinruler is correct... u can choose which cores u want enabled and which u dont..try activating all and see what happens...

Disabling the cores and askin here would be just foolish...

All cores active but still uses 4 cores that too around 75% only...

Don`t know about xillisoft,I always have av sync problem with it.Now using media coder,the newer version indeed can use 8 threads at their full,and it is free.

Back