Audio Xonar DX:Should I do it?

I am in the market looking for a new sound card to replace my Creative Audigy Value.:D At under 5k the Asus Xonar DX fits my budget requirement.Basically the card would be used for:40% gaming,30% music and 20% movies.
The reviews on the interweb,though less,are all praises for the DX. What do you guys say? Should I make the switch? Is there any card in the same price range capable of holding a candle to the DX?

yup u shud make the switch... gud upgrade over a cheapass audigy value... i guess u can easily get it for arnd or less than 4.2k

what speakers/headphones are you using?

A lot will depend whether the Xonar will actually help you or not, on the kind of delivery mechanism you have.

For typical multimedia desktop speakers it wont make much of a difference, anything in the league of and above the Edifier C3/AL MX 5021 will make you notice the difference.

Got the Xonar.:hap2: Installation was a breeze. Drivers only took a minute to install. Spent half and hour wondering why my DVD with DTS were making a screeching noise while playing in KMplayer. Turns out I had to set the audio renderer from default to Asus Xonar DX.:ashamed:
The only problem I seem to be encountering is that I have to continuously change the settings according to the task I am doing.
Games sound awesome in Vista. Little to no improvement while gaming in XP.

Back