Xoom VS Galaxy Tab 10.1

rite

Skilled
Hi

Should I get a Xoom 3G right now or wait for Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G to release?

Xoom is available right now.

Galaxy Tab 10.1 has a release date of Aug 4 in UK and no news for India according to my dealer. So like like end July or mid Aug is probably the soonest in India and can be even later.

Does Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G have any major advantages? (I don't care if it is 3-4k cheaper or anything)????

I can't upgrade till the third generation. ie. quad core or Windows 8 tablets come out, sometime in Q2 2012. So it has to be something I can stick with.

I don't want Ipad 2. Don't recommend that.

The only problem with Moto to me is:

I don't want it to lag more than a GT 10.1. It should be as smooth and polished with stock rom 3.2.

It should be fast and smooth again.

Weight and size is a problem but not as much.

Hi,

I also have purchased a Motorola Xoom (wifi only), It is scheduled to arrive at 22nd July.

Hardware wise the too are definitely similar in some sense.

The differences between them are the weights but that too not by much about 200grams
There is a difference in Display quality as well but that I don't think is there is too much of a difference, SGT 10.1 will definitely be more brighter.
Also SGT 10.1 has no Expandable memory & If you like to watch movies / videos before you go to sleep. then 32 GB is definitely not enough.
Then there is a camera difference Moto XOOM having 5 mp whereas SGT 10.1 is having 3.2 MP, but i don't think we'll use it that much.

Then there is TouchWiz, Which i don't like at all, but may be you do because you have 2 Samsung Devices.

Going for Motorola Xoom, It will have faster Updates than any other HoneyComb Tablet in the Market, All Apps designed for tablets will definitely work on the Xoom as that will be used for development.

I just don't like using it. It is about personal preference. I prefer Android and really want to buy a Honeycomb asap.

Will I lose out on much if I buy a Xoom over a Galaxy Tab 3g for which I need to wait like several weeks?

^ Like i said, there is no Big difference between the Xoom or the Galaxy Tab 10.1 you can compare it yourself on GSMArena or similar site.

I have an iPhone 4 & hence I didn't want to go for a iPad, as i don't want the same UI bloated out on a Larger Display.

+ Watch some comparison videos on Youtube for Motorola XOOM Vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 or iPad 2. There are loads of them & you should watch them all if you have time.

I mean in terms of smoothness, polishness and overall perfection in experience. Is the Galaxy Tab significantly better in any of these respects than a Xoom?

Especially in terms of smoothness and snappiness, and no-laggyiness.

Esp if I use Xoom HC 3.1 or 3.2. Is the difference still there?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Bought a Xoom 3G for 39k. How do I update to 3.1?

Hi,

My Xoom Wifi only also came in today, Have you figured out how to update to 3.1?

Mine is on 3.0.1 & when i click on Update it says you have latest update :S

Back