XVid Player

Hi Guys,

I have a problem with some of the XVid movies I have downloaded.

When I play them with Media Player 10, along with the movie sound (both vocal and music) there is this SHRILL HISSING HIGH PITCHED sound that totally drowns the movie sound.

I did run a google search and downloaded and installed the codec for XVid ( v1.1.0) but the problem still persists.

Can anybody please help me.

ps. I have installed the KLITE Codec Pack ( 1.62 i guess ).

Try another player, WMP gets these occasional probs from nowhere. I had a same prob used DIVX player for a while, and just checked after some days WMP was working fine too.

Did you check which audio codec the movie uses? If you don't have the codec, then that might be the problem.

On a side note, I believe the latest KLite version is 2.72 or something. Try to install that. It comes with media player classic which IMO is easier to use than WMP (I'm not sure if the 1.62 version has it).

Remove K-Lite then get VLan or Kmplayer. K-Lite i learnt messes with the codecs very much.

Now your audio codec is messed up, open the DIvx File with GSpot, and identify which audio encoding is used (like Mp3), then do a google search (or just post the screenshot of GSpot result here) on the codec to download it and install and see if that works.

Back