Laptops YABLT (Yet Another Budget Laptop Thread)

First of all sorry for creating YABLT :ashamed:
I have read the prev threads but am not getting a clearer picture. so here i go...

USAGE:
1) Coding: like in php, coldfusion, asp.net, VS 2008 :eek:hyeah: etc.
2) Movies
3) Songs
4) NO GAMING: i already have a gaming rig. so lappy is strictly for business purposes.

BUDGET:
25 k

DESIRED SPECS:
1) 13~15 inches of screen size
2) good length keyboard (remember main usage is coding)
3) good battery life (anything around 4hrs will do)
4) core 2 duo procy
5) 1gb ram (the more the better)
6) 160gb hdd (remember movies :eek:hyeah: )
7) usb (even 1 will do)
8) wi-fi (since im getting greedier )

I know i wont be getting all of the desired specs in 25 k but im keeping my fingers crossed :)

TIA

Get an HCL NOTEBOOK P28 (AX0B2840)

Specs :

* Intel Pentium Dual Core Processor T3200

o 1 MB Cache, 2.0 GHz, 677 MHz FSB

o VIA VN896 Chipset

* FREE DOS

* Wireless LAN (802.11b/g)

* DVD Super Multi Drive with DVD RAM Support

* 2 GB DDR2 RAM

* 160 GB SATA Hard Disk Drive,

* 1.3 Mp Camera

* 15.4" WXGA Wide Screen TFT (1280x 800) with View Perfect Technology (VPT)

* Video: VIA Chrome9 HC IGP Family WDDM, VGA shared memory upto 256MB

* Audio: Realtek ALC 268 Azalia Audio controller

* 88 Keys + 3 Quick launch Buttons Keyboard, Touchpad

* Li-ion Battery (6 cells) Approx. 2.20 Hrs Idle State

* Approx. 3.0 Kg weight without Adaptor

* 10/100 mbps Ethernet on Board, 56K Modem, Inbuilt Speakers

* Ports: 4 USB, External MIC Input, External Audio Out

* Leaptop Companion DVD, Microfibre LCD Protector,

* Security: Kensington Lock Provision

* Data Security: EC2 Data Recovery Software

* One Year Warranty with optional unique 24x7x365 days helpline support from HCL, One Month Offer Coupon of Movie Rental in Six Cities: Blr, Delhi, Mum, Che, Hyd, Chd.

The site says 30k , you should get it for 29k if you bargain a bit

have no idea of laptops in sub 30k ..budget.

i would advice you to stretch your budget and get something from DELL.

I think there's the Vostro series which is around 34-37k and the Studio 15 or Inspiron which starts at 39k..

sorry couldn't think of anything around 30k, try stretching the budget ..it will be a good and long time investment .

you wouldn't want to go for something cheaper with lower battery life,overheating or other problems in the future.

from what i know DELL's support and service is also good.

ohk ..i think if its strictly 30k..there are some AMD laptops from HP ..i have no idea how good they are ..cause last i heard a lot of customers had problems with the AMD config from HP ,specially Overheating and RAM problems.

(know this ,cause one of my friend bought it and when we took it to the service center there were more 2-3 people with similar problems.)

best of luck with the purchase.,i would still advice to stretch the budget and get something that you would be happy with even after 1-2 years of purchase.:)

superczar said:
http://www.techenclave.com/reviews-and-previews/acer-aspire-4530-review-121408.html

That review makes a very fundamental mistake...

You do not review a laptop on the specs...

The damn thing overheats, has shoddy build quality, terrible touchpad and has immensely poor battery life.. In short, all the issues that plagues most Acer laptops magnified 2X

While I disagree to some extent about sup's view on laptop spec based reviews :p, I have to agree that the Acer laptops have poor build quality. I checked out a couple of them myself at 2-3 malls. I found the build quality especially. the plasticky keyboards quite poor. (One of the keys had come off the models on display).

My take - the specs are good but the packaging is not. Lenovo and Dell are quite superior in the build quality department. I guess trying to find a laptop from these brands with the same specs as the Acer 4530 would be a good way to go. Damn...I also have to find a good laptop close to 25K for my cousin...wonder when I'll get around to finishing this job..:(.

Sory for hijacking ur thread mate....
Any options with similar requirements in 40 K range but screen size should be strickly 15.4 and above.

Back