Yet again a lappy buying help thread !(((Finally Bought Dell Inspiron)))

Switch

Skilled
Looking to buy a new notebook with the following features:

Looking for:

Slim and light weight

C2D or i3 proccy

13"/14"/15" Screen width

HDMI Port with enough power to run 1080p

Really long battery life

Extended Warrenty

Can Avoid:

Optical Drive

Dedicated GPU(as it eats battery)

OS(Already have a Win 7 Licensed copy lying around)

Budget 30K-35K with a small scope for some more...

Re: Yet again a lappy buying help thread !

check Dell new Inspiron 15 (or 14). you can easily get a core i3 model inside 35k.

other options are Sony E series, Acer 5740.

Dell Inspiron 14R~30.4k+0.9k(delivery charge)+5.85k --> 37.1k
i-330M, 2GB DDRIII, 250GB HDD, W7 Basic, DVD R/W
3 Yrs Ltd Hardware Warranty, InHome Service after Remote Diagnosis [add Rs.5,850.31]

Acer Aspire 4740/5740 ~ 31-32k
i-330M, 3GB DDRIII, 320GB HDD, Linux, DVD R/W.
Not sure about Acer's extended warranty schemes. So wait for Acer laptops holders to comment.

The basic Sony E series model costs ~35-36k
i-330M, 3GB DDRIII, 320GB HDD, Windows 7, DVD R/W.
I guess you need to pay 5k for 2 years extension of sony warranty(total 1+2 yrs). It would take the costs way above budget.

How good/bad is MSI X340(Not sure if i got the model name correctly)

Its a C2D 13" with almost everything i need and costs way less with room for expansion...

saiyan bought an x340 a while back. ask him :p
Asus Ul30VT A1 if you can get it from abroad
are you open to buying a laptop with CULV proccy?

Okey finally zeroed it down to 2 Laptops:

1. MSI X620 with the core i3(listed on ebay for 36K). Slim like Macbook.

Features Core i3, 3GB, 500GB, 15.6", Slim.

2. DELL New InspironR. Again for almost 32K.

Features Core i3, 3GB, 350GB, 15.6", Fat, Its a DELL.

Choices choices :p

on personal examination of the msi x620 i can vouch for its quality over the dell.

according to me the core areas of a laptop's build quality one should check while buying a laptop are:

1.hinges for screen

2.flex in the screen

3.position of the vents for cooling the laptop

4.build quality and thickness of the plastic--the plastic around the touch pad shouldn't bend under pressure

the dell has all the above problems while msi doesn't. i am not an msi fanboy!

btw i hate the chiclet style keyboard in the msi x620. however the screen brightness and lcd display quality was TOP NOTCH in the x620!

the other advantage the msi has over dell is the warranty 2yrs vs 1yr. all in all not a bad deal if choose the msi x620.

the x340 comes with a 1.4 ghz core 2 solo single core cpu. for ur daily tasks this will suffice.build quality is good. Soulfire here in the forums got one recently. it comes with an inbuilt sim card slot which can be used for internet. it can play hd videos. and is priced at 19800rs. ebay price/croma price-19999rs

if its an i3, i seriously doubt the advertised battery life (i3 330M has over 3X the TDP of the CULV SU7300)

......unless this is an earlybird i3 CULV ( which msi claims is on the way)

I don't think we should rush in. The price is gonna stay. Though i need a lappy on the urgent basis but i guess it would be better till we some reviews on the net.

@Switch,

Are you sure you want to take up DELL New Inspiron R ?

Have a look at one of my thread on its look, Its pure crap. See my pics comparison.

Praks i did see your thread and thats why i am considering the MSI over DELL :)

@Akshit When are you coming back... Also you know its high time i stopped buying from you... Tera sara used maal mujhe chep deta hai :p

the core 2 duo based classic series from msi is EOL. Msi is seeling the c2d based models cheap to get rid of the stocks and in most places cr400x is out of stock.whatever is left is being sold really cheap sometimes core 2 duo based models are priced on par with dual core models just to clear the inventory.

anything from Msi now that comes with the "20" suffix in the model number(cr420,cx420,cr620,cx620) according to me is packed with the core i3/i5 cpu.

Back