Audio Yet Another Speaker selection help.

automata

Disciple
Hi guys,my budget is between 8k to 10k.So someone please help me to select speakers can be 2.1 or 5.1 .I would be using the onboard soundcard and my choices is mix of movies /games/movies.

So please help as i am noob in case of speakers

~10K would fetch you the Audio Engine 2s. Small clean nice speakers with slightly bloated bass but with an onboard you'd have other things to worry than the bass anyways.

another 10K option would be the MX5021 + soundcard + a bit of modding which'll definitely be a worthy investment.

Refer to Gannu/Sangram aka Cranky's guide for the same.

@cranky: sorry for the typo

I have got Asus p5Q pro ,so does the onboard sound card are that bad.Plus crrently i am using intex 2600 wat pmpo one ,everyone knows about that one i am sure.

So upgrading to MX5021 + soundcard (which one ) can be considered as huge improvement over my current speakes?

^^ I would say stellar improvement.

Even a 2.5k Philips MMS430 will sound a thousand times better than Intex 2600 watt. I wouldn't even consider this Intex set as a quality speaker set.

2.1: Asus Xonar DX + Altec Lansing MX5021

5.1: Asus Xonar DX + Logitech X540 (I think iGo bought it, and he is quite happy with it).

However, SQ wise the MX5021 would be leagues ahead of X-540. get the latter only if you require surround (movies with 5.1 sound and games). No use if you only watch dvdrips with 2-channel sound. :)

The latest MXs are sometimes said to have build quality issues. just check them out physically before buying.

Let us know what you opt for.

tirthankar said:
2.1: Asus Xonar DX + Altec Lansing MX5021
5.1: Asus Xonar DX + Logitech X540 (I think iGo bought it, and he is quite happy with it).

However, SQ wise the MX5021 would be leagues ahead of X-540. get the latter only if you require surround (movies with 5.1 sound and games). No use if you only watch dvdrips with 2-channel sound. :)

The latest MXs are sometimes said to have build quality issues. just check them out physically before buying.
Let us know what you opt for.

+1000

Totally agree. n lots of MX 5021 going for RMA these days.. sheesh. X-540 recommended for 5.1, Logitech z2300 for 2.1

I am thinking of z-5500 as i used to watch hd movies mkv format ,plus i want something that is good for both .

2.1 today seems to be dated

what would be the minimum price at which i could get z-5500 in delhi

for 5.1 setup, check Onkyo HT-S3100. monster set and comes with huge amplifier. This one is leagues ahead of Z5500D and costs 2-3k extra.

Back