You may get 3 yrs in jail, Rs 3 lakhs fine for downloading copyrighted content

because there are several threads on TE where this topic was already discussed to death :p
Well, they never said anything about the torrent sites being an exception for Net Neutrality, did they?[DOUBLEPOST=1475840213][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hui jail kisi ko abhi tak?and is anyone still downloading?
I almost got caught while downloading a torrent(of course what I was downloading was Ubuntu...).

Has any action been taken yet on anyone in India for downloading from torrents?

In the US and other foreign countries, they are now getting really strict, and people do get warnings from their ISPs for downloading from torrents, etc.

But, has it started in India yet?

And what is meant by big fish and small fish? Who is a big fish and who is a small fish?

Here we are talking about downloading from torrents being illegal. In my city, there are shops where openly latest movies are being sold at 5 ₹ each. Wonder why no one is catching them?

In my city, there are shops where openly latest movies are being sold at 5 ₹ each. Wonder why no one is catching them?
the guys which supply them the raw material are big fish. they are the ones who make dent in the profits of content makers. big time uploaders like, 0-day release groups etc are also targeted/tracked by the authorities.
Who is a big fish and who is a small fish?
small fish: people who like to download stuff for personal consumption.

The ones selling the movies too are making a huge dent in the profit of content makers. They should be punished too.

So, has any big or small fish been caught in India and prosecuted yet?

Back