Your Experience with OLX/Quikr?

I had listed a phone recently on both these sites , idiots call & waste your time , want the item at 50% of the listing price, offer for trade with another phone , agree to buy at your price then refuse the next day , waste of time , use ebay.

^Friend posted a phone for 8k, he's getting calls for 3-4k LOL, I thought someone was playing jokes but now I know its BS. I'm cool selling on forums on directly offline, but now Olx and quicker get out of my list quickr!

- - - Updated - - -

The problem in Ebay auctions is many newbs bid for fun and don't pay, your loss is that a dispute is lodged and the case takes 20-30 days to close. Thats why I don't like Ebay (India) auctions, as for other Ebay sites (Uk and US) they are amazing!

Friend sold his 6 months old optimus 2x for 17k which was bought for 19k. Dont ever mention your mobile no on these sites. Exchange no only if the buyer shows genuine interest at your asking price.

100 % risks Involved,people list stolen Phone and mention Fake Numbers and after the transaction is done,that person is Out of reach..
Half the time people want stuff in half price.so many question and later will meet and c the product then say will let u know in a couple of days..
stay away my friend is already duped..
Full of scammers and cheaters

I personally prefer not to deal with strangers, was asking for a friend who had listed the phone, I wanted to make him aware of the dangers (Someone may give you bogus money, fake notes I mean) and as suggested by a fellow member, a stolen mobile which means you end up being a 'thief' even though you purchased it and there's no way to prove you purchased the phone as it was a cash transaction.
Forums ftw!

My experience with OLX has been slightly better. I sold a lot of my old, unused gadgets (including my Galaxy Nexus) at a decent price. You will occasionally come across idiots who call to lowball despite mentioning fixed price in the listing, but overall I still prefer OLX to eBay since it is free (eBay charges 4% seller fees for cellphones) and has a good reach (not as good as eBay, but still decent enough). It goes without saying that all deals on OLX should be done in-person, there is no way you can trust people on OLX, so just deal with the person in the same city as you and it should be good.

My experience has been good. Sold some of my gadgets at a decent price. Problem is many people who sell their gadgets tend to over estimate the prices (non-mobiles). At one time I wanted to buy a wii and most offers I got was in high 11-12k s, which really made me go WTF!! So you might get people who quote half price, some who say they'll buy and then wander off. Same can happen on Ebay too.

My experience has been good. Sold some of my gadgets at a decent price. Problem is many people who sell their gadgets tend to over estimate the prices (non-mobiles). At one time I wanted to buy a wii and most offers I got was in high 11-12k s, which really made me go WTF!! So you might get people who quote half price, some who say they'll buy and then wander off. Same can happen on Ebay too.

Agree, have seen people selling 6 month old phones at prices higher than new seal packed phones :p
Only because they bought it at a higher prices.

I have bought loots of stuff off olx for great prices :D and sold my stuff at great rates too...
I havent till date got a call asking for half price and all, but sometimes the response you get for an item is so overwhelming that you start getting a headache talking to the people !

i like OLX and Quikr... sold phones and computer parts for a reasonable to great prices... and yah sometimes there are people who just TROLL you like asking to your your Galaxy S2 for 12k (it was around 7 months ago) and stuff... but i just laugh and move on :)

I have sold 3 Nokia phones, 1 SE Phone and 1 iPod Touch via OLX. Experience was good for them. Few buyers did lowball but you can ignore and get your desired price. For 2 Nokia phones I got around 10-12 calls within 3 hours from listing. Out of which one guy was like I will pay 100 bucks extra but I want that phone. However by that time I had sold it. :p Overall its good experience on OLX only but not Quickr.

majority of the people on quikr and olx are dealers and thats why they quote half prices so that they can make a better deal later on

i get headache talking to such greedy dealers

My experience with OLX was quite good. Local deal - Bought a new replaced GTX 460 Hawk for 6k. Not a great price I know, but needed a GPU badly.
I was very cautious, asked a ton of questions before deciding that I'm not going into a scam :p .
I will continue buying through OLX, mainly for tech stuff and local deal only. But if a good out of town deal arises, I might tell him to list the item on one of the forums.

Quickr ? Didn't got any good deal so can't say. Friend says that OLX is far better. Less fakers

Selling ? Nope. I don't think I would ever need to sell outside forum

100% risk and a lot of low balling involved. If I put a product for 9.5k they would ask for 7.5k even though actual price would be 10k with 2 years of warranty in 10/10 condition. So don't trust OLX/QUIKR.

LOL. ^^ This is really hilarious and ironic.
But i gotta agree. Buyers will bargain like no tomorrow.

Back