Audio Your Portable and Desktop Audio Setup [ Photo And Specs ]

bennysachdev said:
^ True dat.........plus you have to add Rs.400-500 / 60SGD for getting the mold and 50SGD to ship them to UM in china.

When are you getting em remolded Ritvik, Lemme know when you have time, i wanna audition your gear, even though its mostly similar. :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Sorry but i'm too lazy to click new / better snaps at the moment.
Well,

Where Are you Escaping Man ,Where Are The PICS Humm

YEah, that sr325/rs1/2 type earpad, sure must be better than(/ comfertable) the stock one

where did you get the twilight cable form? how much?

my s:flo2 will be hre soon (sushant!!!). is that Ipod's screenguard , on the sflo?

@benny pleeeeeez, tell me something about DT235. I am 100% getting it! Your impressions will help be of great help. :) And really great setup there. :O

strategy said:
YEah, that sr325/rs1/2 type earpad, sure must be better than(/ comfertable) the stock one

where did you get the twilight cable form? how much?

my s:flo2 will be hre soon (sushant!!!). is that Ipod's screenguard , on the sflo?

They are super comfortable. Excellent for long listening sessions. Also i really love them for movies and TV series cuz they make the dialogs more prominent than everything else.
Hence I don't have to increase the volume. I do some weird stuff to the sound signature of the grado's though.

The twilight cable was bought from ebay by toxicdrift. Costs somewhere between 25-40USD. Again they are better than the stock cable in terms of durability and the stock cable has the memory wire which goes behind your ear. Which i found a bit difficult to get used to.

Yes its an ipod touch screenguard. :)

haraakiri said:
@benny pleeeeeez, tell me something about DT235. I am 100% getting it! Your impressions will help be of great help. :) And really great setup there. :O
Well I haven't tried the DT235, but aren't they really the same sound-wise?

I'm not sure of this, so i'll try telling you about the DT231pro. Probably it would help you decide.

The bass is tight, not boomy. One definitely will not like them if they love bass heavy tracks. The headphone itself looks very light and feels cheap. But looks are often deceiving. To be clear, the reason i got these was for light usage like in the office. These might leave you unsatisfied if your thinking of satisfying the audiophile craving.
They have good detailing, they are neither aggressive in nature like the Grados / Allesandros nor are they laid back like the Senns, they stand in the middle somewhere. They have a decent soundstage for a pair of closed back hps for its price point. If soundstage is of utmost importance than i would recommend something like the AD700's and not the DT231.
One thing i like about them is that i find them pretty neutral.

Considering its 45$ price point I'd say they are damn good VFM.

Hello,

Could You Give Your Expressions for HPs : Grado Sr80i, DT231 pro, AT M50 That you Own In Brief ,What HP You Like For What Type of Music

bennysachdev said:
Hippo 10's in one word, 'Booombastic'. Small soundstage, muddy, utter rubbish. I can't recommend them to any1 without the fear of them being thrown back at my face.

Damn! I thought they would be far better considering that dfkt ranked them higher than Hippo VB (his favorite hippo thus far).

Great setup Benny. Those M50's are nice aren't they?

Is that the vodafone/M1 mobile broadband thing I see? Will be getting one in a few days. My current free college net sucks :S

Hello,
Could You Give Your Expressions for HPs : Grado Sr80i, DT231 pro, AT M50 That you Own In Brief ,What HP You Like For What Type of Music
I have posted my impressions about all of the above across different threads along with what genre I(subjective) think would go well.

I can't categorize even a single headphone / earphone for any particular genre. It wouldn't be right. Its not right to say that a bass heavy headphone would be preferred for Trance. People like Faheem like Re0's which are known for the treble and guys like Metalspree like mids and loves the Re1. And i'm talking about the same Music they both listen to.
I could still say, and this is my taste :
Grados : Movies, Dire straits, Alanis morissette, Eric clapton, Bob Dylan Doors (you get the drift :p ) basically anything with vocals and Guitaring.
M50 : Electronic, Trance, Dance. basically anything that makes you dance. I think these are the most under-rated Headphones. Arguably the best Hps < 200$.
Beyer : Cheap hps, throw it in your bag and play anything and everything.
Triplefi 10 : Anything you can throw at these babies. Although i would recommend Um3x / Ck10 since i loved these two for their detailing and instrument separation. But for bass, TF10 Rulez!!
Hippo 10 : Nice long cables. Can be used to dry clothes :p

bennysachdev said:
I have posted my impressions about all of the above across different threads along with what genre I(subjective) think would go well.

I can't categorize even a single headphone / earphone for any particular genre. It wouldn't be right. Its not right to say that a bass heavy headphone would be preferred for Trance. People like Faheem like Re0's which are known for the treble and guys like Metalspree like mids and loves the Re1. And i'm talking about the same Music they both listen to.

I could still say, and this is my taste :

Grados : Movies, Dire straits, Alanis morissette, Eric clapton, Bob Dylan Doors (you get the drift :p ) basically anything with vocals and Guitaring.

M50 : Electronic, Trance, Dance. basically anything that makes you dance. I think these are the most under-rated Headphones. Arguably the best Hps < 200$.

Beyer : Cheap hps, throw it in your bag and play anything and everything.

Triplefi 10 : Anything you can throw at these babies. Although i would recommend Um3x / Ck10 since i loved these two for their detailing and instrument separation. But for bass, TF10 Rulez!!

Hippo 10 : Nice long cables. Can be used to dry clothes :p
Thanks ,

That sums Up Correctly .Thanks for The Same Once More .

esanthosh said:
Damn! I thought they would be far better considering that dfkt ranked them higher than Hippo VB (his favorite hippo thus far).
I compared them to a Pink JVC iems and the pink ones sound better. THE PINK ONES SOUND BETTER!!!!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Ritvik said:
Great setup Benny. Those M50's are nice aren't they?

Is that the vodafone/M1 mobile broadband thing I see? Will be getting one in a few days. My current free college net sucks :S
Love 'em. Reminds me of my old uber expensive sony music system which i used to listen to when i was 5 yrs old.

Not at all audiophile grade, not neutral from any bloody angle, but amazing fun to listen to them. Makes me wanna turn up the volume on every song.

Btw, yea its M1's usb broadband.

bennysachdev said:
I compared them to a Pink JVC iems and the pink ones sound better. THE PINK ONES SOUND BETTER!!!!

they r really the most underated / forgotten iems around. really good sounding iems for the price, i love mine! lol BLACK but not PINK :p

awesome setup benny lava hahaha

toxicdrift said:
they r really the most underated / forgotten iems around. really good sounding iems for the price, i love mine! lol BLACK but not PINK :p

awesome setup benny lava hahaha
No they truely are amazing for the price.

Back