Your "Zotlay" experiences.

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
So I was browsing mobile phones on OLX when I saw that a lot of them have a "authenticated or examined or validated by Zotlay" right next to the ad title. It made me very curious so I looked up online and the site description says this:
Zotlay
Zotlay is an online marketplace of used products, started around a year back with a vision to disrupt the classified industry.
Basically what (i think) this startup do is check the phones before they are being sold on their platform (Zotlay, not OLX) and rate them as they deem fit like describing the physical condition of the phones. You can say it acts as a deterrent to misinformation and authenticity on other classifieds like olx and quikr which do not check or inspect the items and the onus of finding out for real rests on the interested individual himself which is annoying to be honest. However I don't know how Zotlay rates the phones and how accurate their descriptions are. A lot of these ads have "heavy wear" when the item in the images look fine so I don't know if Zotlay staff and employees personally check the phones or get the information by asking the owners or other means.
Also all these ads have weird sayings in their description.
Eg. If A equals success then the formula is A equals X plus Y and Z with X being work Y play and Z keeping your mouth shut.
Things do not have meaning. We assign meaning to everything.
Love is a better teacher than duty.
lolwut? o_O

Anyway, post your experience if any of you have bought any of these "Zotlay" tagged ads and if the item description is accurate and reliable. If in case they are reliable it will help potential buyers a lot.

Back