Audio Z906- No sound from center and rear speakers

PlayPlus

Disciple
Yesterday I purchased Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System and Asus Xonar DX Sound card.

I have connected my PC with the speaker system using both 6-channel direct and S/PDIF TOSLINK cable. Problem is, I am NOT getting any sound from the center and rear speakers while playing music and movies (only get 2.1 sound), but all the channels do work in games such as The Witcher 2. I tried this in both analogue and digital (Dolby) mode but still dont get any sound with music and movies. Only if I turn on the 3D stereo option on the speaker console (when in PCM mode) I get surround sound. This is very confusing and frustrating. Am I doing something wrong?? Please help!

Yesterday I purchased Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System and Asus Xonar DX Sound card.

I have connected my PC with the speaker system using both 6-channel direct and S/PDIF TOSLINK cable. Problem is, I am NOT getting any sound from the center and rear speakers while playing music and movies (only get 2.1 sound), but all the channels do work in games such as The Witcher 2. I tried this in both analogue and digital (Dolby) mode but still dont get any sound with music and movies. Only if I turn on the 3D stereo option on the speaker console (when in PCM mode) I get surround sound. This is very confusing and frustrating. Am I doing something wrong?? Please help!

For movies, you need to correctly setup DD/DTS pass thru via coaxial. Download LAV Filters

http://forum.doom9.o...ad.php?t=156191

Then setup bit streaming in LAV audio configuration and use this filter in Media Player Classic Home Cinema's external filters option.

Now MPC-HC should output the raw bitstream as is.

Now if your movies have Dolby Digital/DTS soundtrack, it'll just output the same directly without any decoding.

Music is 2 channel only - so only way you'll get all 5 to work is some sort of processing in your speaker/receiver.

Thanks Chaos! But isn't Dolby Digital LIve mode suppose to transcode any incoming audio stream into Dolbly Digital surround bit-stream and thereby outputting it thru 5.1 speakers? That was the whole point of buying this card!!

DDL only works with games and apps that support it - i.e. the app should actually be outputting 5.1 in the first place.

in Xonar Dx audio center select input - 2 channels when playing music and in SPDF out , select - Dolby Digital Live .

Back