ZARA clothing and fashion

raman.bhadu

Market Restricted
Disciple
I have purchased shoes from Zara on 15 feb 2022 and then wore them for like 5-7 times only. Now the threads of every stitching is breaking and outer sole material is also defective. When I complained to ZARA they straight out told me that they will not do anything after they sent me a correct product. What can I do?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-03-26 at 9.45.30 AM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-03-26 at 9.45.30 AM (1).jpeg
    116 KB · Views: 153
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-03-26 at 9.51.24 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-03-26 at 9.51.24 AM.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 140
Zara is not of good quality usually. It's a "fast fashion" brand famous for bringing in trend clothing at affordable prices (affordable in US/Europe, not in the Indian context). I too had a similar experience with their leather shoes, the sole started ripping from the shoe in 2-3 uses in the rainy season. I have avoided it since.

You can try raising a complaint with the consumer forum, but it won't help much unless Zara had promised some kind of guarantee.

One way to save this shoe is cleaning up the frayed threads as shown here:
or other ways discussed on this thread on reddit.

Bata and few other branded shoes come with 90day warranty. What's the warranty on this? This doesn't look like regular wear and tear.

Bata and few other branded shoes come with 90day warranty. What's the warranty on this? This doesn't look like regular wear and tear.
Not sure about other brands but be careful while buying from Bata. They provide warranty to only those items which were not sold in sale.

There is nothing you can do. I bought a peppe jeans eyewear and it cracked on its own after 3-4 use. Then I saw reviews and found that many have the same complaint, a person bought three, and all three cracked after a few days. Peppe didn't even bother to reply to my tweets or message. There is zero quality control with these brands. We only pay for the latest fashion and not for the quality. I have seen loose stitching, wrong threads, wrong buttons and even wrong fabric in so called 'brands'. Nike and Adidas sells synthetic gym sweat pants. Synthetic fabric for something which is bound to get sweaty in a hot country like India? Does it make any sense?

All active wear is mostly synthetic because it's non-absorbent and helps in thermoregulation, it's definitely better than cotton for a workout.
Our body has a thermoregulation mechanism called sweat glands and our efficiency improves when our body cools down properly. Trapping more heat and sweat is only going to make things uncomfortable. Also synthetic fibers completely fails the moment it gets even a bit cold and It just traps the sweat and make it uncomfortable. The best workout clothes in hot weather are a mix of cotton (absorbent) polyester (durable) and spandax (stretch).

Our body has a thermoregulation mechanism called sweat glands and our efficiency improves when our body cools down properly. Trapping more heat and sweat is only going to make things uncomfortable. Also synthetic fibers completely fails the moment it gets even a bit cold and It just traps the sweat and make it uncomfortable. The best workout clothes in hot weather are a mix of cotton (absorbent) polyester (durable) and spandax (stretch).

I guess all the sports brands and athletes have got it all wrong.

I have purchased shoes from Zara on 15 feb 2022 and then wore them for like 5-7 times only. Now the threads of every stitching is breaking and outer sole material is also defective. When I complained to ZARA they straight out told me that they will not do anything after they sent me a correct product. What can I do?
Same thing happened to me but with Benetton shoes. I wore it for only 3-4 times then the plastic threading started to come off. I bought the shoes from Flipkart and they straight out told me I cannot do anything about it because I've worn them. :|
An important lesson for me here, don't buy shoes with "threading."

I have purchased shoes from Zara on 15 feb 2022 and then wore them for like 5-7 times only. Now the threads of every stitching is breaking and outer sole material is also defective. When I complained to ZARA they straight out told me that they will not do anything after they sent me a correct product. What can I do?\
Those shoes are looking like my 400rs. shoes. What's so special in it besides the brand?

I've started buying my own fabric and getting my clothes stitched (shirts, pants, shorts, pyjamas). Yes, it's not nearly as convenient as picking clothes off a shelf, but the end result is more cost effective (despite not skimping on the quality of the fabric I buy), superior to what mainstream brands produce, and I also support multiple local businesses (the fabric store, tailors, the button vendor who sells me wood, coconut, bone, shell, and mother of pearl buttons etc.). It helps that I enjoy the process and that my partner is a designer and has a deep knowledge of all things related to the process. Goes without saying that you need an experienced tailor.

I still buy some things from the mall when I have to, but I'm trying to cut my reliance on 'fast fashion' as much as possible. Everything is geared towards convenience these days and it's wrecking our planet.

Back