Zebronics 7300GT

[Size=+1]
Review of 7300GT​
[/size]

I got my hands on this card, so thought of review it. and after looking at the results i was quite surprised. Never knew that 7300GT was this good :). 7300GT is a mid range card from zebronics.

[highlight]Packaging[/highlight]

Card comes in a rectangular box,with a sliding cover mostly used in high end mobos. with some features written on it. other than the card there is a driver CD, TV out wire and 2 instructions booklets. There are no games bundle but u are saving the money ;) .
[highlight]Introduction[/highlight]

Feature are same as all other 7300GT card out there. like its a 8 pixel pipe and 4 vertex pipe card. core clock it 400Mhz and memory is 500Mhz. Its having 256MB of DDR2 memory, memory brand is hynix. Memory interface is 128bit. feature wise this card is very identical to 6600. its also SLi capable card so u can connect 2 of them. All other things like support for DX9, SM3.0, purevideo, openGL 2.0 is there.
It supports 2 moniter as most of the card out there. one connector is DVI while other is HD-15. anyways lets end the boring stuff :D .
Card is having black PCB which looks good.
Here are some pics.

Front
frontcf5.jpg

Back
backpy3.jpg

[highlight]Overclocking[/highlight]

The stock speed of card is 400/500. i was able to overclock the card to 550/600 levels. card is having active cooling. The cooling solution also looks very similar to 6600 series. card was very silent. the max temparature i had seen was around 64*c while running NFS Carbon in OCed mode. i think 150Mhz core and 100Mhz memory overclock is good enuf.
[highlight]Test Rig[/highlight]
Processor: AMD 3000+ Venice @ 2.5Ghz
Motherboard: Nvidia Nfocrce4 SLI
Ram: 1GB 2x512MB
and some regular stuff :p

[highlight]Performance[/highlight]

i tried 3dmarks 03, 05, NFS cardbon, Farcry as these were the thing installed in my system. for some weird reasons i was not able to switch on AA in farcry :-/ ...... maybe some driver issue. but i was lot surprised to see the performace of the card in games, maybe coz i have never used a mid range card since ages but still. anyways i am not going in much details and posting the numbers.

3d marks 03 and 05

3dmarksxn3.jpg
Farcry

farcry1024ug1.jpg

farcry1280hn3.jpg
Need for speed Carbon

nfscarbon640fu1.jpg

nfscarbon800wo7.jpg

nfscarbon1024yn7.jpg
as u can see its playable on every setting i have benched. there was some problem with carbon @ 1024x768 but after OCing the card it was working just fine. but in carbon every nvidia card is having trouble maybe a new driver will sort out the issue.
[highlight]verdict[/highlight]
I think the card is great value for money. Its available for 4850/- with taxes. it is also great card if u are making a HTPC. being a silent card. i think it will play all the old games with 1280x1024 and high/medium settings. and newer games with 1024x768 and low/medium setting.

hey...nice review :D...actually was planning on this card for a system im building for my friend :) ...neat work...the 7300gt DDR3 version doesnt feature anywhere in india does it :huh: ... but still this card rocks.....

invisiblex said:
dont buy cheap quality stuff .. they will get burned soon

Take ASUS or MSI evenof costs 2K more
care to explain the above statement ....

thexfactor said:
Nice review ... btw is this card made by Zebronics, or just rebranded like some other Zebronics cards
no idea dude wat make the card is ...... but overall quality is very good

man dont buy zebronics type cheap companies cards..it will give bad reputation to u plus the parts will get damaged soon

always buy ASUS and MSI eventhough costly

invisiblex said:
man dont buy zebronics type cheap companies cards..it will give bad reputation to u plus the parts will get damaged soon

I dont think something that costs around 5000 is cheap. And honestly I dont think Zebronics is a cheap company by any standards, people at TE have been using zebronics since ages and they do know better.

Personally, ive benchmarked XFX, Leadtek and Zebronics 7300 GT's and have found Zeb's 7300 GT to be better, leadtek did score a little better on stock speeds. But its overclocking potential was very limited, whereas Zebronics pwned everything in sight with its overclocking capability. XFX ..... dont even ask about it.

Seems like you dont know about the brands that you are talking off ... those cards dont even have active cooling :rofl: ... so I can imagine about their overclocking potential and the relative heat dissipation.

Nice review ....repped.

invisiblex said:
eh ? if i use BIG or ZEBRONICS , does that mean my reputation gets screwed ?
:rofl: :rofl:
is it printed so on the box kya ? something like "conditions apply" ???
:rofl:

mohit said:
Nice review ....repped.
eh ? if i use BIG or ZEBRONICS , does that mean my reputation gets screwed ?
:rofl: :rofl:
is it printed so on the box kya ? something like "conditions apply" ???
:rofl:

I didnt notice that,

Good One :rofl: :rofl:"main kahin muh dikhane layak nahi raha" :bleh:

invisiblex said:

It hardly matters since most of the cards are from the same (usually) oem and the card makers normally just put on their fancy stickers and coolers. The only part you need to worry about is the warranty and after sales service.

@Rahul : the memory is clocked at 500 i.e DDR1000??? man on my BIG 7300GT the memory is clocked at 400 i.e DDR800 and it just wont go past that!!

Wraith said:
@Rahul : the memory is clocked at 500 i.e DDR1000??? man on my BIG 7300GT the memory is clocked at 400 i.e DDR800 and it just wont go past that!!
i meant effective speed is 500Mhz ...... so actual speed is 250Mhz ... :)

Back