Graphic Cards Zotac 1070 mini low performance issue.

combatknife

Disciple
Hello guys i am forced to be back with another GPU related issue. The concerned card is an August 2020 purchased zotac mini 1070 8gb. Only 2 year warranty was applicable. SO RMA is not an option.
Issue- The card is always at idle no matter what you do. ITs stuck at 139mhz clock. memory clock maxes at 810mhz. core voltage also at minimum of 650mv.
If you run any application- benchmark, games or any video, the load on gpu is 100% but clocks remain at idle levels.
Temps are also very low- Low temps resulting from low clock speeds.
The sensors always read very high TDP values. (see pic)
There is no other issue with the card- boots up fine, all ports are working. NO bluescreen, no crashes etc. Basically its a GTX 1070 working like a GT 710.
The card as such is in cosmetically pristine condition- Minimal dust, no rust/corrosion on the PCB.

Things i have tried so far- Reseating the card, cleaning the contacts, used a different motherboard, tried all modes available in nvidia power management, Fresh driver installations (after DDU cleanup). Flashed the bios with exact same bios version. Opened the card to see any obvious issues-its clean.
What could be the issue? Will flashing with another bios help?

Attachments

• 1070 3.jpg
    1070 3.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 1070.jpg
    1070.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 10702.jpg
    10702.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 75
Its not just 1070 but seems issue with many other models and seems common for nvidia..even latest 3xxx series and quadros..

In my case restart, new windows install , drivers etc bring no change. Tried afterburner, combustor etc .Even the bios is flashed. SO i am guessing its some hardware issue.something related to power phase/vrm etc.

Back