Graphic Cards Zotac 2080Ti Broken Fan Replacement

sehajjn

Disciple
Hey Guys,
So about 2 months, completely my fault I accidentally broke a fan on my Zotac RTX 2080Ti Twin Fan, I subsequently contacted Zotac India, they advised me to contact, Zotac Hong Kong, which is also their HQ. I would like to tell you guys that, the heat sync and the other fan were completely fine. I asked them if they could ship me a replacement fan. At that time, I opened up the Fan shroud and found the info written on the fan, I searched for it online( basically Aliexpress), I did find a 2 pack of the same exact fan, but you know AliExpress has been banned, so I had no other option but to order from them. Even though I only asked for a single fan they charged a full-fat 8k + shipping for the whole GPU shroud(Heatsync + Fan Shroud). I was disappointed but I still went ahead with it, meanwhile, since I had an old 120mm AIO lying around, I cable-tied it up in a super hacky way and cooled my GPU. It has been running like this for the past 2 + months. Still happy to see my card now working fine, no lol I forgot I ran out of thermal paste. BTW, I still have that extra fan, so if anyone needs its do let me know, if you can pay for shipping, I'll be happy to provide it for absolutely free.

a5e603c0-2a8e-4845-a21e-49884ab75b68.jpeg

Broke as in separated form the assembly or completely broken.
And you should have searched on ebay US/UK or for a dead 2080 elsewhere it would had been too cheap.

If just the blade is broken. Try to join it with solutions used for repairing laptop body parts and then sand it off with sand paper. This should work. Else just get a water block for it and make it water cooled.
But I am curious, why would zotac India as to contact Zotac Hong Kong …

I'm not sure why you're spending more than 8K INR on a pair of fan blades and a heatsink.

For that amount of money you could have got the NZXT G12 mounting bracket + NZXT M22 and simply water-cooled your 2080Ti. It would have been a futureproof, long-term solution instead.

I'm not sure why you're spending more than 8K INR on a pair of fan blades and a heatsink.

For that amount of money you could have got the NZXT G12 mounting bracket + NZXT M22 and simply water-cooled your 2080Ti. It would have been a futureproof, long-term solution instead.
I do plan to sell it on future that's why I had to order this.
If just the blade is broken. Try to join it with solutions used for repairing laptop body parts and then sand it off with sand paper. This should work. Else just get a water block for it and make it water cooled.
But I am curious, why would zotac India as to contact Zotac Hong Kong …
Zotac does no kind of service or repair in India, thus asked me to contact Zotac Hong Kong, they only to replacements, they said they could get the card picked up and be sent to hong kong for repairs, but then there might be a issue with the customs and this way I kept the card running for 2 months

Hey Guys,
So about 2 months, completely my fault I accidentally broke a fan on my Zotac RTX 2080Ti Twin Fan, I subsequently contacted Zotac India, they advised me to contact, Zotac Hong Kong, which is also their HQ. I would like to tell you guys that, the heat sync and the other fan were completely fine. I asked them if they could ship me a replacement fan. At that time, I opened up the Fan shroud and found the info written on the fan, I searched for it online( basically Aliexpress), I did find a 2 pack of the same exact fan, but you know AliExpress has been banned, so I had no other option but to order from them. Even though I only asked for a single fan they charged a full-fat 8k + shipping for the whole GPU shroud(Heatsync + Fan Shroud). I was disappointed but I still went ahead with it, meanwhile, since I had an old 120mm AIO lying around, I cable-tied it up in a super hacky way and cooled my GPU. It has been running like this for the past 2 + months. Still happy to see my card now working fine, no lol I forgot I ran out of thermal paste. BTW, I still have that extra fan, so if anyone needs its do let me know, if you can pay for shipping, I'll be happy to provide it for absolutely free.

View attachment 106224
Can you help me with the fan. I accidentally broke the fan and when I contacted zotac for a pair of fans but they're asking for serial info of the card. Service center guys told not to provide serial number as they may reject the product if I submit it for some damages later by saying that I opened the casing myself/repair done by unauthorized personal.
The card is 2080 Super 8 months old.

Back