Graphic Cards Zotac GTX 670 AMP vs Asus Direct CU II Top

l0l2

Disciple
Hi Guys,

I ordered a GTX 670 AMP edition from my local dealer and when he tested the rig ( so nice of him before delivering the RIG), temperature went beyond 90 C (when there was nothing installed, not even windows) and PC was automatically turned off

Now he has given me an option to either go for GTX 670 AMP again (as it was DOA) or Asus Direct CU II Top model (or any other model that you would like to suggest). There is a design flaw in Zotac GTX 670 AMP as mentioned in the techpowerup review here: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 670 AMP! Edition 2 GB Review | techPowerUp

Important: All data in this review was obtained after I repaired a major design error of the card. When I received it, the card ran extremely high temperatures, reaching beyond 100°C. This is caused by screws with integrated stop, that resulted in too little mounting pressure between GPU and heatsink. I added four metal washers, by removing the screws, adding the washer and putting the screws back. The cooler was not removed for this procedure, thermal paste was not changed.

Now I am a bit skeptical about buying Zotac GTX 670 AMP again, what if I again get a faulty card. My dealer is also suggesting to go for some other card. Need your suggestion on this.

Thanks
Chetan

@l0l2 if this is the case then avoid the ZOTAC! card and go for the ASUS GTX670 Direct CU II edition OR any MSi flavour of the same card.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Alpha did not see your post. Thanks for your reply.

Should I stick to Direct CU II edition or should I buy some other graphic card, I can increase a budget a little that's not any issue.

Thanks
Chetan

Sorry Alpha did not see your post. Thanks for your reply.

Should I stick to Direct CU II edition or should I buy some other graphic card, I can increase a budget a little that's not any issue.

See if anything is available from MSi although the build quality is poorer than ASUS's.

In light of all this it just might be best if you duke it out with the ASUS Direct CU II edition of the GTX670. If you want to over-clock the card OR want a slightly faster clocked card (out of the box) you can look at the Direct CU II Top edition of the same card.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Well i'll take Greater built quality and performance over warranty,It's better to not going for RMA than going for RMA multiple times.It's OP's choice but i'd say go for Asus.
5 years warranty of zotac and pathetic service by Rashi makes zotac a good deal

Well i'll take Greater built quality and performance over warranty,It's better to not going for RMA than going for RMA multiple times.It's OP's choice but i'd say go for Asus.

I couldn't agree more, Asus has way better build quality and a much superior brand, so dont even think twice, definitely go for it.

I own zotac 670 amp ed and temperature hasn't gone over 60 even after 5 hours of skyrim... Bought from flipkart...

In order to avail 5 years warranty need to register it within 14 days of purchase...

As I'm typing this post
GPU temp =37 @ 30% fan speed with 10% TDP power consumption (measured with GPU-Z)
system temp=31

Looking at the number of fans on it, I rather not comment how noisy it might get under load.

Also OP is looking for a gaming grade card, nothing to do with Animation and all so the GTX670 looks better. Dunno if he wants to over-clock.

Even I was Skeptical About the Noise until I got around this Review Sound Level And Temperature: Overclocked : Seven GeForce GTX 670 Cards, Benchmarked And Reviewed

PS:- Checking this out? http://www.anandtech.com/show/6263/intel-haswell-architecture-disclosure-live-blog

5 years warranty of zotac and pathetic service by Rashi makes zotac a good deal

You got your answer already.

- - - Updated - - -

IMO, Zotac= 2nd class brand in India; 3rd class brand in US/EU.

Back