1.5 Ton Split AC Dilemna

Alright folks, its summer time and the weather in India is definitely not *fine* :eek:hyeah:
Long story short looking for a 1.5 Ton split AC on a limited budget. Models shortlisted as follows:

Videocon 5 Star Rated AC: 25k Cooling Capacity 5100 and Elect 1580 watts

Videocon 3 Star Rated AC: 20k Cooling Capacity 5300 and Elect 1910 watts

Electrolux 3 Star Rated AC: 20k Cooling Capacity 5340 and Elect 1930 watts

Panasonic 2 Star Rated AC: 22k Cooling Capacity NA and Elect 1970 watts

LG 2 Star Rated AC: 22k Cooling Capacity NA and Elect 1910

Now the dealer is really pushing for Videocon 5 star or 3 star. He is saying that both Videocon and Voltas use same chinese manfacturer. He also mentioned that the foil in Videocon is better than LG and that it has a bigger cooling unit (5 star one) compared to LG.

Now my AC mechanic had told me to stay away from Videocon and recommended Panasonic. But that consumes the most electricity. Room is 13 * 11. I am inclined to save money and go for Electrolux or Videocon 3 star (videocon doesnt look as good as Electrolux) but came here to seek your advise.

Is it better to go for higher electricity consuming and more costly Pana or LG. LG is cheaper to install by 700 Rs. So if not videocon or electrolux than what to choose between LG and Pana? Any advise. Tomorrow is D-Day. So please chip in.

Electrolux is also serviced by Videocon now, so I'd stay away from that as well.

I was in the same boat as you for an A/C to replace an existing one from 10 years ago. I went in for a 2010 Samsung 3 star model. Got it for 23k all inclusive (Free Installation) from E-Zone.

Samsung 183USB

Come on guys, just a single reponse? I need to make the decision and there are others refering to this thread as well. Please advise, come one, come all.

hello every1...i am in a huge dillema...going for 1.5 ton split AC...for d summers only..i guess..for around 5 hrs a day...
dont care much about the star ratings....

here are the options i am getting around here(rajasthan)
1.Panasonic econ pearl -3 star- MRP Rs.24500

2.Onida 18trd3-3star-MRP Rs 25700

3.Videocon VGS53.CVE1-CM- 3 star- MRP Rs 22900

4.Whirlpool chrome III - 3star- MRP Rs 26500
any first hand experience would be very helpful...i am leaning towards the panasonic considering the JAPANESE QUALITY..but the salesman say its new in the market...and on the other hand ONIDA uses HITACHI compressers...but it looks awful...
i like how the whirlpool looks...

and the videcon has superb VFM...

plz advice...going for it tommorow..

THANX
PS: i am also open for other models...but i have a low budget...cannot afford HITACHI or DAIKIN ,CARRIER etc

Back