Graphic Cards 12.5k for GPU and PSU

lavans4u said:
tagan 500w have dual 12v rails with a rating of 20A on each.with Max. Combined power rating of 432W....which is more than enogh to your rig....go with tagan 500W

False ! 18 Watts On each 12 V Rail.

tosh79 said:
Thus better go for a Tagan 600 Watts which provides 22 Amps on each 12V rail or Corsiar 450 VX which provides 33 Amps on single rail or settle for a card like 4850 with a 500 Watts Tagan PSU, even better would be a 4770 with this PSU.

VX450 is a dual rail one as far as in know, although its specification indicates just 33a on 12v rail, its the combined rating of both the rails.

Also if TG500 is rated at 18A on each rail, it cud juice a bit more [maybe 2~3A] more from any rail at a time given the other rail is less loaded at the time. But dun expect more than 2~3A. Also as a 4870 needs 2*6 pin power, and most sub 600 PSu has a single 6 pin connector, you ll have use the converter anyway.

Usually the molex and cpu power is one one rail, and another set of molex/sata with 6 pin on other rail. So you can share the loads on both rails to the GPU wisely, so that we can make sure the card gets enuf power from combined both rails, and CPU dun need whole power of a single rail.

dOm1naTOr said:
VX450 is a dual rail one as far as in know, although its specification indicates just 33a on 12v rail, its the combined rating of both the rails.

Also if TG500 is rated at 18A on each rail, it cud juice a bit more [maybe 2~3A] more from any rail at a time given the other rail is less loaded at the time. But dun expect more than 2~3A. Also as a 4870 needs 2*6 pin power, and most sub 600 PSu has a single 6 pin connector, you ll have use the converter anyway.

Usually the molex and cpu power is one one rail, and another set of molex/sata with 6 pin on other rail. So you can share the loads on both rails to the GPU wisely, so that we can make sure the card gets enuf power from combined both rails, and CPU dun need whole power of a single rail.

No Mate,

Corsiar 450 Vx is a single rail Psu only, Even TG 500 Is also a single rail PSU Virtually split in to Dual rail's 12V1 For Mobo & all Other things 12v2 Dedicated for CPU, Though corsiar 450 vx on single rail Can be rated far higher then a TG 500,

yes, as you said you can obtain little more juice from a Rail but not more then 1 to 2 Amps still your doing it so at your own risk, if stressed further the PSU can burn out or if your PSU is of good quality the OCP or Overload protection will be activated and PSU will shut down, Thus overloading a single rail of Dual rail PSU is never advisable,

looks like i have to settle with a 4770 or a gts 250 with a tagan 500w:down:

going for a 600w tagan and 4870 is out of my budget:no:

If you have a 12.5k Budget why not go far an Glacialpower 650 Watts PSU now @ 4.8K & 4770 @ 7.1K ? this way you will be future proof at least with your PSU, Because you do not upgrade your PSU every 2 Years or so but graphic card's become obselte in no times now a days and you are bound to change them far quickly.

With a PSU like Glacial power 650 you are ready for Graphics card right up to GTX 295/ 5870 or may be 5890 too, along with a overclocked quadcore as well.

to me this is far better approch.

I am from Hyderabad too:), Why dont you contact Amarbir( lynx-india) for 4770 & Glacial power 650 AA, Even i got my Sapphire 4770 from him.

lol i thought he has a store in hyderabad

no 1 in ma house allows me for all that online payment thingy :no:
guess i have to get the stuff that is available in hyderabad:(

Ok ! then contact Mr.Moolchand (Swetha Computer Bazar) at CTC he will help you get an Glacial Power 650 PSU, not sure about the card though, if you request him he may arrange for the card too, Even i have placed an order for the same psu with him.

Alternatively you can go for an ATI 4850 Which Performs Slightly better then 4770 But power consumption will be more atleast by 30 to 35 Watts, if you do not mind it just go ahead for it, Should be eaisly avilable in Hyderabad.

dude that swetha comp s*cks

that idiot gave me a price quote of 45000INR for my build:mad:

where as it would only cost about 38k at max
he was quoting very high prices

every thing was 1000rs more than the street price
a benq e2200 costs 8400rs and that a** h*** was giving me a price tag of 10,500INR and was challenging me that i couldn't get a best buy than that

and another hero manish from bhumika computers is selling me the only last 0922a batch 550be proccy for 6500rs

1k more than a normal 550Be

some shops ive called in ctc dont even know what a tagan psu is
finally he ended up saying 'taga' 500w =450RS:S
do you know any shop that is reliable without such noobs:(

im sick of these dealers

ocizer said:
dude that swetha comp s*cks

that idiot gave me a price quote of 45000INR for my build:mad:

where as it would only cost about 38k at max
he was quoting very high prices

every thing was 1000rs more than the street price
a benq e2200 costs 8400rs and that a** h*** was giving me a price tag of 10,500INR and was challenging me that i couldn't get a best buy than that

and another hero manish from bhumika computers is selling me the only last 0922a batch 550be proccy for 6500rs

1k more than a normal 550Be

some shops ive called in ctc dont even know what a tagan psu is
finally he ended up saying 'taga' 500w =450RS:S
do you know any shop that is reliable without such noobs:(

im sick of these dealers

Mate,

Yes almost everybody here Su**'s,

But Should not be issue with the pricing, Just ask him if he can provide PSU Glacial power 650 Watts at 4800/- & Sapphire 4770 card 7200/-, if he can just go ahead and place he order, As he is not having the stocks for same he will place an order with SMC int Delhi and you will get it in three days or the other alternative is you can place an order with M/sTirupathi Enterprises Contact: Mr.Manish Agarwal, He is an authorised dealer for many brands like MSI,TAGAN,CORSIAR,COOLERMASTER Etc, His office is located P.G Road Secunderabad.

For a single GeForce GTX 280 GPU you need a 550W PSU with 40A on the 12V rail. For a single GeForce GTX 260 GPU NVIDIA recommends a 500W unit with 36A on the 12V rail.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 and 260 PSU requirements

what does that mean?:huh:
is that 36 amps requirement is the amperage required on an individual rail or the combination of amperage on all the 12v rails that comes with the psu

and as there has been a increase in my budget
now i can afford to buy a gtx 260:bleh:
please suggest a best vfm psu for the card
that supports my build

budget max 3.5k:(

gtx 260 needs two 6pin connec
is it compulsory for the psu to have 2 6pin connec
if not

what should i do(any adapter kind of thing that i can use):huh:

Back