Monitors [22" Monitors]HD vs Non-HD

Now that many manufacturers are introducing 22" ( 21.5" actually :bleh: ) full HD monitors, just wanted to know which type will be more promising for gaming rather than watching movies....................:eek:hyeah:

Also suggest good 22" Non-HD monitors under 12k please.............:hap2:

proview-22inch.jpg

its available for 11.8k locally........................

[ trivandrum ]

+ my 8800gts 320 on HD resolutions will commit suicide........

atleast one voted for Non-HD :eek:hyeah:
please recommend good non-HD 22" aswell..................

between, dell quotd me 51,000 for E2408wfp ultrasharp......:S

what i askd for was E248WFP , which was not in stock .............:mad:

My gpu wouldnt handle..............

i m plannin to get a non-HD one and play @ 1440 resolution...................

cuz aftr readint the E2200HD review it is evident that gaming @ lower resolutions doesnt look good.......................

so which 22" would be good for under 12k?????????

then get a viewsonic vx2235wm-5 using it currently, wat a superb moniter it is.I think the price has come down now, I got it for 12.35k months ago

my vote goes for the viewsonic vx 2235wm -5...

bigger.... better color reproduction.....2ms response time...positive reviews everywhere...tried and tested...and for the sweet price of 10.5ks....

now thts vfm...

This is a silly poll and an unnecessary thread.

What do you mean by "better"? If you mean quality of picture, then, duh, HD is better. If you mean easier on your system, then, duh, non-HD is better.

Where's the controversy?

ankitmane said:
my vote goes for the viewsonic vx 2235wm -5...

bigger.... better color reproduction.....2ms response time...positive reviews everywhere...tried and tested...and for the sweet price of 10.5ks....

now thts vfm...

Viewsonic has a pathetic customer service, FYI. :|

Someone had posted this link earlier TV Calculator

I found it quite useful....if your interested in watching movies and tv shows etc its better to go for a 16:9 ratio monitor which the HD models are as you get to use a larger screen area as compared to 16:10 monitors.

While you primary aim is computing like CAD, Photoshop etc you'll get more screen area using a 16:10 monitor as compared to a 16:9 monitor.

As for the other differences like panel quality, colour reproduction, etc etc the debate will go on...

Back