Graphic Cards 4870 upgrade

Even I have a 4870 1GB. Managed to skip 5xxx. Shall also skip 6xxx. I am not really worried about the depriciation of 4870 since I am sure current 6xxx will depriciate more than the total worth of 4870.

Yup if you have no pressing need 4870 is still a great card in 6 months you will want the next gen cards as there should be a good jump in performance (like 4xxx-5xxx) due to a die shrink ( performance increases are usually quite big when this happens)

Zloyd said:
Yup if you have no pressing need 4870 is still a great card in 6 months you will want the next gen cards as there should be a good jump in performance (like 4xxx-5xxx) due to a die shrink ( performance increases are usually quite big when this happens)
Yes there will surely be a big performance jump in the 7XXX cards and beyond due to die shrink. Are you having problems playing games with the HD 4870?

well the problem is that i have this weird boot problem with my 4870!! i just upgraded to i5 and when i installed the 4870 all the fans etc started spinning but the computer didnt boot.... removed it and installed a pci vga card and computer booted normally ..... so now im in urgent need of a gfx card as the 4870 has gone kaput :( ...

btw is there anyway i can get this repaired ?? cause when my computer does boot it was working 100% games etc...

the card is a visiontek and warranty fiinshed last month :(

well thats the thing i was currently running the card on my gigabyte ep45 ud3l and was having the problem

when i upgraded to msi GD-55 i have the same problem .. but as soon as i changed the card my pc booted with no problems at all

Back