Audio 5.1 sound problem

hey guys
I a major problem setting up my speakers over analog or optical through my computer.
I have Z 550 connected through analog cables to my computer.My sound card is ASUS xonar D2. I have been trying to get 5.1 channel audio through this for last 3 days now but I cannot get it working.
I control panel when i configure the default audio option which is speakers, and test it as 5.1 channel, I get sound only from front 2 speakers. No audio from Rear, Center or Subwoofer. I tested this with bot the onboard audio and asus xonar but it doesnt work.
I know the speakers work as I can test them through the remote and the work.
because of this whwn I play a bluray movie through powerdvd I only hear music and no voice.

any solution to this?

I have updated all drivers, did a clean windows installation. I dont know how to fix this.

So you did connect an optical cable from the D2 to your Z5500 and tried playing a blu-ray rip but no sounds from the rear, center channels and the sub - is this the problem?

Does the pod of the set indicate Dolby-D/DTS when any blu-ray file is played?

Have your tried the unofficial Xonar unified drivers? Please download it from here - ASUS XONAR Unified Drivers 1.31 (post periodically updated) « brainbit | Unified Xonar Drivers and report back. The latest version I suppose is v1.31 and works well without issues. The official support from Asus' end is pretty bad!

Dr.ashish said:
because of this whwn I play a bluray movie through powerdvd I only hear music and no voice.
Probably indicates the center channel is not functioning? Does music play fine with the sounds reproduced from all the channels when the 5.1 mode is on?

Thanks
These drivers work properly. I have another question though. I have selected 5.1 in driver but it gives me option for side soorround and no rear speakers. rear speakers are only activated when I select 7.1. Is there a way I can use them as rear speakers instead of side surround in 5.1 mode?

Back