6-pin to 8-pin power connector

Status
Not open for further replies.
kniwor said:
Please scroll to the bottom and read this.

All about the various PC power supply cables and connectors

Now, I don't suppose a 6-pin to 8-pin will serve you any purpose. If your 6-pin has enough power, it should work just fine plugging into the card. If not, the adapter will not help. However, you can get a (2 x Molex) to 8-pin which can then supply the required power.

Or, simply buy a Molex to 6-pin, and use your 2 x (6-pin) to 8-pin supplied with the card. If you dont have the molex to 6-pin, I've got a few lying around.

Could you spare me one if possible.....

^^

Just get a 2 molex to 8 PIN converter and end the story. Which card you have. Also which PSU.

asingh said:
^^
Just get a 2 molex to 8 PIN converter and end the story. Which card you have. Also which PSU.

Where do I get one?? Asked Rahul(theItwares) he seems to have no idea.:(

Olafciv said:

A dealer had one. But he was asking for Rs 500. I guess the money can be used for upgrading the PSU. But incase you want it, I can inquire in a day or two.

Olafciv said:

Will update Saturday evening, if I was able to pick up a pair. Will probably be Rs 250/-- per piece. Rough pricing.

Olafciv said:
Could you spare me one if possible.....

Just shipped one to "sidx19" a few hours ago. let me see if I have another one lying around. I have a single rail molex to 6-pin, but I dont suppose it's of use to you.

EDIT: Found a dual rail one, sent you a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back