65" TV in the 60-80k range?

variablevector

Disciple
Originally thought of getting a 75", but those ones with an acceptable quality panel seem to be priced north of 1L. So a good 65" LCD (QLED/Mini-led/whatever) seems like the sweet spot. I'm looking to pick one up during this Amazon sale, while the CC/EMI discounts are plentiful.

The only thing that matters to me is the panel quality -- decent color reproduction and contrast ratio, full array local dimming and high peak brightness for proper HDR etc. I would like the ability to watch most content as it was intended, without any gimmicky enhancements. Or if they must be there, the option to turn them off. This will sit in the living room and mostly be used for watching torrented shows/movies from Stremio or Jellyfin. Sports is not remotely a concern and I don't even have a cable/dth connection. It could be used for gaming occasionally but I usually prefer my PC monitor, so high refresh rate, VRR and low response time while nice to have, are definitely not required.

I'm eventually going to add a home theatre system but if the sound quality out of the box was decent, that would be nice as well.

Another concern is longevity and build quality. I'm not sure how the Chinese brands fair in those departments.

Update:

Considering buying this: https://www.amazon.in/Hisense-inches-Ultra-Smart-Dimming/dp/B0C7Z6GGRG for 71k with the EMI offer.

Not entirely sure if the international reviews apply to the 65" Indian model.

Last edited:
Back