Laptops A laptop for 5k!! - ACI ICON 1100

khaleelda1

Disciple
:: ACI-ASIA ::

The UK-based computer brand ACi unveiled a fully-functional high-resolution screen laptop - Aci Icon 1100 - at Rs 4,999 in the Indian market. The laptops will be marketed in India by a BSE-listed group company, Allied Computers International (Asia) Ltd.

"We have launched India's super low cost laptop at Rs 4,999. It will be real fully functional, Windows compatible laptop, at the lowest price tag in the country," ACi's India marketeer Allied Computers International's (Asia) Managing Director Hirji Patel told PTI here.

The company hopes to sell 200,000 low-cost laptops in the first year across the country, Patel said.
ACi India offers laptops and PCs in the Indian market with innovative design. Talking about the viability of the project, Patel said, the company will import the product from China and offer products to Indian consumers at a very thin profit margin.
"We will never compromise on quality with price. The range we will be offering are carefully designed and developed just like majority of our models launched both in UK and India," Patel said.
He pointed out that although, India today enjoys a volume sales of around 2.5 million laptops per annum, it is still barely 10 per cent of what Western countries like the UK and other leading European countries are churning out.
Introducing such low-cost computing devices becomes more significant in the wake of various state governments like Tamil Nadu, UP and others announcing to provide laptops for students. The company is looking at offering low cost laptops to these state governments, Patel added.
Aci Icon 1100 full specifications:
CPU: VIA CPU
Display: 10.2” LED (1024 x 768 resolution)
Memory: 512MB expandable to 1.0GB RAM
Storage: 4GB expandable to 32GB
Sound System: High Definition Audio
I/O Port: 3 USB 2.0
Communication: 10/100 Ethernet Adaptor, Wireless Adaptor, 3G Ready (Optional)
Card Reader: 1 Push Card Reader, MMC / SD
Imaging Device: Web Cam
Dimension: 11.0(W) x 7.25 (D) 1.0 (H)
Weight: 0.7Kg with Battery

This laptop like Aakash is going to be a big PHAIL. I am sure Kapil Sibbal is the one behind this. Why cant they just spend some more keeping a fair price tag and make a proper thing with atleast something useful according to the latest trends. Morons like Sibbal has made a joke of technology by making useless things only to justify the low-price-tags he decides. Why cant he understand, people want to spend on something useful rather than spending on anything which has a lower price tag. He is wasting useful brains as well as people's money. Indians are being taken for granted by off-loading such things into the market. Instead, they should have imported Raspberry pies in bulk and should have sold them for as lowest as possible.
My views. No offence meant to anyone.

.....well for me.....its not about how good this product is or not....its about the beauty that a laptop (no matter how horrendous) can be made available at this price range! its a breakthrough to say the least....a pathway to low cost computing...
but again all this is IMHO! :D

This laptop like Aakash is going to be a big PHAIL. I am sure Kapil Sibbal is the one behind this. Why cant they just spend some more keeping a fair price tag and make a proper thing with atleast something useful according to the latest trends. Morons like Sibbal has made a joke of technology by making useless things only to justify the low-price-tags he decides. Why cant he understand, people want to spend on something useful rather than spending on anything which has a lower price tag. He is wasting useful brains as well as people's money. Indians are being taken for granted by off-loading such things into the market. Instead, they should have imported Raspberry pies in bulk and should have sold them for as lowest as possible.

the 5999 is the beginning of the range

they have 3 models
the 2nd model for 9999 IIRC has an atom. not bad!

i wont even start about the top of the line model...
:p

Raspberry pie idea is good.But still you got to have a display unit an input unit and some other things too.As per that trend raspberry pie's price is not justified atleast here.

Back