CPU/Mobo Abit AW9D- MAX

MaxAxe

Disciple
Has anyone read this review, from the looks of it, seems like an amazing board, The best part I like is the addon sound card, Takes some shit load off the CPU.

Was trying to download the latest version of CPUZ and came across this review. Have a look.

CPUID Review Abit AW9D- MAX

@ Iosoft,

It is there to dissipate heat more efficiently from the CPU socket area.Once overclocked,that area tends to get pretty hot.

am new to this raid thingy...so does this mean..

i can connect only 4 sata devices to the mobo & other WILLbe treated as raid backup devices?

or does it mean i can connect 8 SATA HDDS and use all of them in the OS?

ex : 8* 300GB = 2400GB .. all 2400 GB accesed by OS or some of it is reserved for raid?

sorry for this noobish question....;)

# 4x SATA 3Gb/s controlled by Intel ICH7R ; supports RAID 0/1/0+1/5 ; supports SATA AHCI (Advanced Host Controller Interface), native command queueing and native hot plug.

# 2x SATA 3Gb/s controlled by Silicon Image 3132 ; supports RAID 0/1.

# 2x SATA 3Gb/s controlled by Silicon Image 3132 ; supports RAID 0/1.

Darklord said:
@ Iosoft,

It is there to dissipate heat more efficiently from the CPU socket area.Once overclocked,that area tends to get pretty hot.

Thanks for the reply.

No, I guessed that but, modern mobo's have a STEEL plate covering the back of the socket..... my MOBO has that.

So, to me it (the steel plate) is better than this, isn't it ?

Oye that does not help heat decipation. there is a insulation between that steel pad and board.( to avoid short ckt) that also avoids heat transfer. So its not helping to transfer heat anyway. Its there as a support at the back of board nothing more. And no the LGA 775 boards dont have that backplate by default. The mounting mechanism is different

OOOO

When I used my motherboard the steel pad used to be quite HOT, so I thought that it has dual effect.
hold the entire socket system and spread the heat at the back of the socket.

hmmmmm.... I was wrong.
Thank for the info.

Back