Ainovo novo7 - 7" Capacitive ICS Running Tablet for 99$

manu1991

Barely Alive
Skilled
http://www.ainovo.com/

VzmBk.png

1GHz, Low-Power Tablet Sets New Market Standard at Sub-$100 Price Point

MIPS Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: MIPS), a leading provider of industry-standard processor architectures and cores for digital home, networking and mobile applications, and Ingenic Semiconductor, a leading China-based CPU provider for mobile multimedia applications, today announced worldwide availability of the world’s first tablet based on Android ™ 4.0, known as ‘Ice Cream Sandwich’, that is retailing for less than $100 (U.S). The tablet is powered by Ingenic’s JZ4770 mobile applications processor, which leverages a MIPS-Based™ XBurst™ CPU running at 1GHz.

According to Andy Rubin, senior vice president of mobile at Google, “I’m thrilled to see the entrance of MIPS-Based Android 4.0 tablets into the market. Low cost, high performance tablets are a big win for mobile consumers and a strong illustration of how Android’s openness drives innovation and competition for the benefit of consumers around the world.”

The new Android 4.0 tablet is available in China and online through Ainol Electronics Co., Ltd. It will be available in the United States and other geographies within the next several months under brands from companies including Leader International Inc. and OMG Electronics Ltd.

The new tablet is available with a 7” capacitive multi-touch screen. 8” and 9” form factors will be available soon. All versions include support for WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, USB 2.0, HDMI 1.3 and microSD, as well as 3D graphics with the Vivante GC860 GPU, 1080p video decoding and dual front/rear cameras. The XBurst processor’s power-efficient architecture provides extended battery life—the 7” tablet draws less than 400mA during active web browsing.

MIPS Technologies and Ingenic Semiconductor Announce Availability of World

If it comes in India for ~6.5k, I will look forward to getting one.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Your order summary

DescriptionsAmount

NOVO7NOVO7$99.00

Item number: 001

Item price: $99.00

Quantity: 1

Item total$99.00

Shipping and handling loading...$60.00

Total $159.00 USD

:S Having second thoughts now.

raksrules said:
This makes me feel all the reputed tablet maker are/were just ripping us off (Apple included).

Well, if you went through the iSuppli teardowns you would come to know that Apple was ripping us off to the extent of at least 150~200 USD/piece, or even more. Also, they need to feed those laywers too.

^^ Damn how do you become a lawyer for Apple. We know the tech terms and BS software patents better than those retarded lawyers ! But those lawyers know how to rip off Apple and win cases and feed the money to the hooker$ :D

Still people will buy the iPAD Shuffle

Oh i did not notice that it is Ainol who has brought out this tablet. I really like this company for their video players. I still have my 4.3" Ainol media player which works really well still. If it becomes available in US for under 100$, i may jump.

It is a well known thing that tablet / cell phone manufacturers are ripping us.

When "android" is free i.e. there is not cost of the OS. Then why the good quality androids are 25-30k above. when their actual material cost is hardly 200-250 USD.

So doubts that once lagging samsung & apple just in 5-10 years became the world's top most companies by just selling mobiles / ipods. Now one can easily estimate their margins.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

The main reason for Kindle Fire's success is the cost. People even saw the surge in demand when offered for a low price of HP tablets even after knowing that these would be discontinued.

Back