Air conditioner 1.5T

You can get 3 star models also for cheaper. Haven't used these. But have a carrier midea split ac 1.5ton 3 star working since 4+ yrs, a 1 ton window non inverter from godrej working without issue for 4+ yrs and recently bought a inverter split 1.5 ton 3 star godrej.
My old split inverter ac is very good. Consumes 350-450 watts and takes like 2-3 units for 6-7 hrs.
for non inverter ac i got to know one thing from my experience. If i run 1.5ton ac at 27 degrees for 6-7 hrs it would take 4-5.5 units. Reduce temperature and consumption of units increase by 2-3 units.

I recently bought a Panasonic 1 ton 5 star(they havea 1.5 for the same) from amazon for my room (13 x 11) and that uses around 3-4 kWH at 22° for 7-9 hrs everyday...
Im from Hyderabad and temps have gone around 40-43 in the last few weeks...

3-4 kWH is very good for 7-9 hours. I've bought Daikin 3star at 37k. Installation charges came around 7k includeing 3 meter additional copper pipe, odu stand, 4core wire etc. Cooling is really great
I've installed ODU on roof without shade so electricity might be a little bit higher. I will update after some time.

Daikin is looter when it comes to installation. My cousin got installed same model and they charged 3k, and only expense from their side was ODU stand.
nitin again it varies from place to place
I got my daikin ac installed and they charged me 800 for the stand and when I called them again for another installation i got the stand from amazon and they happily installed that.

The two things you should check one is the cooling capacity should be above 5000W and other is the power consumption from where you can get idea about the running cost
Compare the running cost and the purchase price you should decide the star rating value for money model.
1.5 ton gives you the cooling capacity from 4600W to 5300W which is a large variation

nitin again it varies from place to place
I got my daikin ac installed and they charged me 800 for the stand and when I called them again for another installation i got the stand from amazon and they happily installed that

Atleast on Amazon installation charges was/is showing 1500/- rs +gst.

It really depends....the godrej guys here took installation charges which comes out to be 1415 with gst but, if you have your own stand then they charge extra to fit that stand otherwise it's 800 for stand with installation. Same for extra copper pipe. Nothing such sort of was with my carrier midea ac installation. Guess next time would call urban clap guys or a local guy.

It really depends....the godrej guys here took installation charges which comes out to be 1415 with gst but, if you have your own stand then they charge extra to fit that stand otherwise it's 800 for stand with installation. Same for extra copper pipe. Nothing such sort of was with my carrier midea ac installation. Guess next time would call urban clap guys or a local guy.
Please be aware that first-time installation should by a company representative otherwise warranty will void.

The two things you should check one is the cooling capacity should be above 5000W and other is the power consumption from where you can get idea about the running cost
Compare the running cost and the purchase price you should decide the star rating value for money model.
1.5 ton gives you the cooling capacity from 4600W to 5300W which is a large variation
Yeah I got a question. I just bought a 1.5ton LG , but it has a cooling capacity of 4400w. So has the definition of 1.5 changed? I thought same tonnage should provide same cooling capacity. Because an average buyer like me never noticed it until now. Why have Companies started to do this? Or new AC's are more efficient, Hence they provide better cooling at lower wattage? What's the deal?

I just bought a 1.5ton LG , but it has a cooling capacity of 4400w. Why have Companies started to do this?
As per the latest BEE Star ratings, an AC needs an ISEER above 5.0 to be labelled as a '5 star' AC. ISEER of 4.5 to 5.0 is 4 star.
An inverter compressor's efficiency improves at lower cooling capacities. So they are de-rating the compressor to boost ISEER to 5+.
Yes, they are cheating the system. Older LG units rated for the usual ~5KW cooling capacity had a lower ~4.7 ISEER.

Edit: Which model is it? The LG 2024 models seem to be rated for 5KW again.

As per the latest BEE Star ratings, an AC needs an ISEER above 5.0 to be labelled as a '5 star' AC. ISEER of 4.5 to 5.0 is 4 star.
An inverter compressor's efficiency improves at lower cooling capacities. So they are de-rating the compressor to boost ISEER to 5+.
Yes, they are cheating the system. Older LG units rated for the usual ~5KW cooling capacity had a lower ~4.7 ISEER.

Edit: Which model is it? The LG 2024 models seem to be rated for 5KW again.

Yeah, makes sense. I got LG 1.5 ton 3 star.

Also, the Older LG 1.5 ton(s) dual inverter i bought 3yrs ago have 5000w cooling. So it never came to my mind to check for wattage, i just thought "tonnage is tonnage". Anyway, it appears to be new trend in LG.

Yeah I got a question. I just bought a 1.5ton LG , but it has a cooling capacity of 4400w. So has the definition of 1.5 changed? I thought same tonnage should provide same cooling capacity. Because an average buyer like me never noticed it until now. Why have Companies started to do this? Or new AC's are more efficient, Hence they provide better cooling at lower wattage? What's the deal?
Your AC is definitely providing less cooling than a true 1.5 ton. It is true that the newer AC has more cooling per watt of power but the cooling watt is different unit. Your AC should be 5000watt cooling. The companies does these kind of false claims all the time
Yeah, makes sense. I got LG 1.5 ton 3 star.

Also, the Older LG 1.5 ton(s) dual inverter i bought 3yrs ago have 5000w cooling. So it never came to my mind to check for wattage, i just thought "tonnage is tonnage". Anyway, it appears to be new trend in LG.
Star ratings are for the power consumption and the cooling capacity has no significance in star ratings. If your AC gives 5000watt cooling and consuming around 800 unit of electricity for the test of 1600 hours it will be around 5 star. If your AC consumption is 600 unit of electricity and cooling is around 4000watt it will still be 5 star. So star rating is proportionate to the electricity consumed to the cooling capacity. If the less cooling the power consumption will be less.

Back