Airtel broadband tariff hike.......

bsd

Disciple
hi friends got the message from airtel that DUE TO REGULATORY CHANGES AND INCREASED INPUT COST ,499rs plan revised to 550rs per month.
any of airtel braodband:sleep: service user received the messages.
is it only airtel doing this hike or any other service providers.
AIRTEL:annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed::annoyed:

Got this sms yesterday. It was kind of a coincidence that I was reading about Airtel's net income dipping :)

I had their mobile, broadband and DTH services. Switched the mobile a year back, have been looking for DTH alternate in next few months.

Since the hike is not that significant, I think Im going to wait and see on the BB end.

PS: Dang!! it strips line breaks in Linux + Chromium (Quick reply mode)

Increased from 1999 to 2149. Planning to ditch them for good and move to ACT broadband but worried about reliability.

ACT isnt bad mate, been using it for 6 months now.... Yes few downtime, but only due to fiber cuts and local switch going down during power outages, other than that, its pretty OK.

ACT isnt bad mate, been using it for 6 months now.... Yes few downtime, but only due to fiber cuts and local switch going down during power outages, other than that, its pretty OK.

Thats exactly what i do not want to happen. I see BESCOM lamers cutting down illegal wires in my area every month.

broadband connection.

I didn't get any SMS... probably 'coz the no. with them is not updated. I am on Swift 999 plan.. Anybody know if the prices have been increased for this as well or not.. I think it was a retention plan... (1Mbps till 75GB then 512kbps).. Though I get 2Mbps till 75GB then 512kbps since last 4-5 months...

@hahahari AFAIK they are illegal coz they are runs between electric poles and to do the same companies have to take permission from BESCOM . Worse i see is that they don't cut randomly but at every pole.

Last edited by a moderator:
@HailStonE - Not sure but guess even I am on that plan. Bumped to 1050.

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

[/COLOR @HailStonE - Not sure but guess even I am on that plan. Bumped to 1050.

@Metalspree I've been using ACT from January. Only one downtime for me so far which lasted about a few hours in the late night and morning (there was heavy rain and storm). Service has been top notch and not a single problem with speed. Definitely way better than failtel.

I received an sms from Airtel yesterday that my Rs 899/- plan will be revised to Rs 950/- w.e.f 11/08/2012. Its becoming costlier for me. Any suggestions for alternate broadband to Kolkata users????

What is the real reason for the reason. Has the government really levied some extra bolt-on tax...? Why on Airtel is doing this.

What is the real reason for the reason. Has the government really levied some extra bolt-on tax...? Why on Airtel is doing this.

They are in trouble , they took all profits out of India invested in SA which went bust. Their share Price dropped massively. Losses from past 4 quarter. They give this bullsh!t of regulatory and are going to milk us more.

I received an sms from Airtel yesterday that my Rs 899/- plan will be revised to Rs 950/- w.e.f 11/08/2012. Its becoming costlier for me. Any suggestions for alternate broadband to Kolkata users????

dude for 50 bucks u really want to change your isp !! like really ?? what about all the hassle of getting new installations done n all that.. even if they charge you 100 bucks more, one thing is there, their service rocks .. have to give it to them. Have used tata and reliance, and they truly suck in terms of service, downtime and onsite.
You know better ;)

There's no way I'm going back to Tata Indicom or Reliance or be at the mercy of small time vendors.

Its a shame that only AIRTEL provides the best service, minimum downtime and has a responsive customer care in my area.

Not everything is Rosy, slightly expensive and FUP.

Back