Airtel suddenly put me down to 30GB after being on 100 for more than a year.

ashr

Skilled
Hi everyone,

As the title states, I use Airtel's 2mbps unlimited plan at Rs. 2500 for 100GB limit in Chennai. This morning I was rather shocked to see a message popping up saying I've hit 80% of my quota. I haven't downloaded ANYTHING this month. I called up the CC and they told me my FUP limit was at 30GB. When I told them that it had been at 100 for a very long time now, the guy said that it's been reduced for all customers according to new TRAI regulations and that I would have received a mail about it.

I didn't get any. Is this true about new TRAI regulations or is it just Airtel being assholes?

Any suggestions? 30GB is simply not going to work for me. I'd rather cancel my connection than pay 2.5k a month for such shit.

Welcome to the gang. I have also been FUPd. I had a 100GB FUP limit which I always broke but the speed was never dropped earlier. Last month after I crossed the new 25GB limit, I was down to 512kbps. Wrote couple of mails to Nodal officer. Not of much use, they say I should talk to customer care. What a joke. I am planning to switch to Reliance.

The funniest part is they are offering cheaper plans with faster speeds and higher FUP quota IIRC :S (4mbps at 1699 with 50GB). I have mailed them. Let's see what they do. If I'm not getting my 100 gigs back, I'm definitely switching.

Any idea about the TRAI regulations?

TRAI has no say on the FUPs. It just want these morons to be 'transparent', which they apparently are, changing policies at their whims and fancies.

yea BSNL pings suck for gaming, dont they?!.. infact I dont think any other provider matches Airtel's pings, correct me if I am wrong.

agantuk said:
^ What are your options? Reliance?

Well I will shift to Delhi soon.... and would cancel all my airtel connections when I go and never buy anything airtel again....

PS : I hate reliance even more than Airtel....

Honestly I never had any issues with Airtel until they FUPd me. Otherwise they have a great service and excellent follow up - which btw has deteriorated now. I sent a mail to the Nodal Officer telling I was unable to reach customer care as all my 8 calls were dropped by the IVR or while in queue or during transfer from one agent to another. The response I get is - "talk to customer care". WTF

^. You cannot go to the Nodal Officer directly. You have to go through Customer Care & AIRTEL offices first. If they do not listen then only Nodal Officer comes in the picture. :(

^ Well I did state that I wasn't able to reach anyone and hence went to Nodal Officer! I even gave him a ticket number which was closed without resolution

agantuk said:
^ Well I did state that I wasn't able to reach anyone and hence went to Nodal Officer! I even gave him a ticket number which was closed without resolution
You don't get it. You have to go to the Nodal Officer with reply from customer care to present your case. If you are not able to get to CC then you have to visit the local Office with your problem. If its not solved by them then only you can go to Nodal Officer.

Back