Airtel Swift 1099 FUP confirmation

nfsfan

Adept
Hello all
recently migrated to the swift 1099( 512 kbps) plan, and have a little doubt. When the FUP limit is crossed, is the speed cut for day and night both? of is it that it is cut from 6 am - 10pm?

I am on the same Airtel Swift 1099 plan, when I migrated to the plan 2 months ago I was told FUP is applicable and download limit is 100GB which includes both download and upload data.

I download 24/7 via torrents at speed ~60kbps and I have never been able to cross the 100GB limit. I do upload as well coz all of them are are private trackers, and I have never seen my speeds reduced.

that site doesnt mention anything about the FUP at all.. But still, even if the FUP is 100 GB, it's not like TATA's plan, is it?! In TATA Indicom's plans, once the FUP limit is reached, you are asked to either upgrade the plan or stop using the net for the remainder of the month! :S

I'm pretty sure, in Airtel's plans, the bit rate is halved once the FUP is reached. So it's no big deal in any case. 100 GB with 512 kbps throughout is a tough ask anyway..

RAH7747 said:
that site doesnt mention anything about the FUP at all.. But still, even if the FUP is 100 GB, it's not like TATA's plan, is it?! In TATA Indicom's plans, once the FUP limit is reached, you are asked to either upgrade the plan or stop using the net for the remainder of the month! :S

I'm pretty sure, in Airtel's plans, the bit rate is halved once the FUP is reached. So it's no big deal in any case. 100 GB with 512 kbps throughout is a tough ask anyway..

Than dude what is UNLIMITED? :huh:

RAH7747 said:

No....its actually better than airtel FUP i had been using tata for months with routine calls informing about FUP and to upgrade the plan but i said go for it if u want to disconnect. they never did for 3months. I got same constant speed.

I removed it just coz of the downtime and i got better plan from youtelecom:D

mrintech said:

Well ask TATA abt that.. I have never used TATA but that info was from what I've heard..

WingZero said:
No....its actually better than airtel FUP i had been using tata for months with routine calls informing about FUP and to upgrade the plan but i said go for it if u want to disconnect. they never did for 3months. I got same constant speed.

I removed it just coz of the downtime and i got better plan from youtelecom:D

Really? youtelecom gives lesser downtime than TATA too? I've only heard bad reviews on youtelecom.. Even google fails to give one good review on them.

Shakensoul said:
I am on the same Airtel Swift 1099 plan, when I migrated to the plan 2 months ago I was told FUP is applicable and download limit is 100GB which includes both download and upload data.

I download 24/7 via torrents at speed ~60kbps and I have never been able to cross the 100GB limit. I do upload as well coz all of them are are private trackers, and I have never seen my speeds reduced.

i was quoted the same,100gb fup is there. but is it like the explore 1099 where fup is valid only for daytime(god i wish i had got the explore plan, they r not giving it anymore :( ), or for the full day?

nfsfan said:
i was quoted the same,100gb fup is there. but is it like the explore 1099 where fup is valid only for daytime(god i wish i had got the explore plan, they r not giving it anymore :( ), or for the full day?

I think FUP is applicable throughout.

mrintech said:
Unlimited = Unlimited Download. FUP is reduction in speed and not capping download. So technically, they are correct when they say downloading is unlimited.

I just migrated to freedom 1699 1mbps,

CC told me that FUP limit is 100gb day & night both applicable after which speed will drop to 512kbps till the next billing cycle starts.

Back