Audio Altec Lansing MX5021 or MX6021

sonofpoi

Disciple
I am going to buy a new 2.1 Speaker
decided for MX5021 , however, for just a difference of 700/- buck i am getting MX6021.

altec-mx6021-system.jpg

Guys, need suggestion if i should go for MX6021. It looks futuristic, but there have been mixed reviews about its performance(bass).
CNET gives a positive review though:
"The good: Impressive sound for the money; stylish design; very strong bass; good connectivity options; desktop controller for power, volume, bass, and treble."

MX5021 is tried and tested however, almost obselete..
http://jimmyauw.com/wp-datajim/audio/83_mx5021.jpg

Suggestions are much appreciated!!

I've heard the MX6021 and trust me, it's a joke! The woofer is massive but it does not have any punch at all, it's only style nothing else. Go with the tried and tested MX5021.....new isnt always better.

Old is gold. Heard some good reviews about mx-6021 but nothing spectacular like 5021's. Al is phasing out 5021. You better get it fast if u want it.

Has anybody taken demo or own the new model MX6021?
It would be nice to hear feedback straight from the horses mouth!! ;)

There are few members voting for MX6021 but nothing in written.. (it is just because of looks of the speaker)

even though MX5021 is phasing out and seems its still better then the new model.. I will get the MX5021 model tomorrow.. i hope it comes out as worth and the company is still giving its warranty ;)

just got call from the dealer saying it was the last piece (in india) that he had and while transporting it, it got damaged.. He is ready to refund or asking if i want to go for MX6021..

What to do??

mx 5021 is a discontinued model and its internal parts quality is low than the old mx 5021, mx 6021 is not thx certified but very powerfull to shake your room, very cool design and excellent build quality sound is excellent too its not as balanced as mx 5021 go for mx6021 if you want insane bass with big sound

get the mx5021 its vfm else get the audioengine A5 for music or if u r buget permits get a pair of bookshelves and an amplifier/avr setup

If you cant lay your hands on a brand new MX5021 look out for an used one.I have one lying in India but don't want to sell it.It just blew me away after modding was done by a TE member :D

^ I have loads of op-amps and very very few capacitors left , that too the local ones. Rest you will have to source from the States most probably. ;).

Hey.. is there any chance I can get a new set of MX5021's in Bangalore? I've always wanted to own a pair but never had the money now I finally do.. is there any hope?

Back