Budget 10-15K Android - does it make sense buying now? EDIT: Bought Xperia SP

surajspai

Disciple
ok,so,heres the usual
1. Budget?
A: 15K(not more than 16 including all accessories)
2. Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar
3. Preferred display type?
A: best possible
4. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Only Samsung,Sony(no local ones)
5. Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen
6. Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 5MP camera. Flash.
7. Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android.Already have 2 IOS and 1WP8
8. Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.
9. What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Internet,GPS,games
10. Any other requirements?
A: Dual sim is welcome,not compulsory
11. If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: Xperia L,Galaxy Core,Galaxy Grand Quattro,Xperia M(when is it releasing?),Xperia C(?)

To start off,i have the iphone4 and the lumia 920.But,the lumia is with my sister temporarily and the iphone I am bored of and want to sell it off.So,as of now,i am using the good ol nokia 1100(have 3 of them infact).

My main usage is to browse the web,use gps and play games.

I read the reviews,the comparisons saw videos etc etc and decided the Xperial L is best for the buck.

And was about to hit the pay button for it yesterday when i saw another phone called the Xperia M.
It has the same specs(well,almost) as the Xperia L.And,allegedly it costs 11-12k(according to some forum) and has better battery life compared to the Xperia L.
Then,i see that there is another phone-the Xperia C,which,allegedly is for 16K,and has even better specs and a whopper for a battery.

then,there is the new galaxy core,which is not as good and the grand quattro-not good either i am told and the Galaxy Ace 3 too.

So,do i go for the Xperia L now?is it worth?why is the xperia M so close to the Xperia L?is the Xperia L to become EOL?or does it have some serious fault?
Then,Key lime pie is going to release in say october too.(though,i am not too worried about that)

The main reason i want a new phone is for entertainment on the move as i dont have a laptop and going to a browsing center is not feasible every now and then.I dont mind waiting,but then that would mean,i wont be buying anything until next year,if i dont get it now.

So,does it make sense going for a Xperia L?i dont want to buy a product which is replaced by something cheaper and better and feel like a fool.

Thanks
Suraj[DOUBLEPOST=1373354844][/DOUBLEPOST]Bump!
I guess i am overthinking it?

If you don't mind a phone without manufacturer warranty, you could go for Nexus i9250 ( a.k.a Nexus Prime ). I know its old, but the phone specs are still good and it runs jellybean ( might as well get the Key lime pie ). You can get one off ebay.in like I did for 14500 odd (with 6% off coupon).

If your main requirement is entertainment on the move, why dont you look at nexus 7? Cracker of a tablet. Within your budget. And an upgrade coming this month.

I'm guessing if he plans to use GPS regularly, a tablet might not be the most convenient gadget (specially if he's driving).[DOUBLEPOST=1373869944][/DOUBLEPOST]The Xperia M is "expected to hit markets soon" although there doesn't seem to be a specific launch date as such. Apart from the fact that it also has a dual SIM version, there's no apparent advantage over the Xperia L. The Xperia C definitely has a battery advantage and specifications that make it stand out a bit, although if I wanted one immediately, I'd rather go for the Xperia L than wait for the C. Plus you never know how much the Xperia C will be priced when it does get launched.

Back