Android phone - upto 15k

I am currently contemplating to buy my 1st Android phone. I started with the usual LG Optimus One P500, but I feel it's way too common and out-there-everywhere. With all due respects to it's specs and hardware, I dont like it's looks and sluggishness.

Since I don't wish to spend more than 15k, I decided on the following:

1. Samsung Galaxy Fit - entry level at 10k (but the display looks pathetic)

2. Samsung Galaxy Ace - mid range at 15k (no idea about battery life)

3. Samsung Gio - somewhere between the 2 above mentioned phones. Price and launch date unknown (any clues here?)

My usage:

1. Push email (I'm looking to seamlessly replace my BB with an Android). There will be at least ~50 emails sent+recd daily.

2. Good battery life (as a benchmark - the BB is put on charge every morning at 7 am and drains out by 11 pm)

3. GPS

4. Occasional FB, browsing, forums etc.

Which one is recommended?

Is Gio good enough to wait for? There is no news of it's launch.

ramesh94 said:
Guys, Just want to let you know that O1 can be bought for 8720 from letsbuy.com after applying reliance coupon. I have ordered tonight for COD. Hope the order goes through and I get my first Android phone. Will keep you posted
Great that (unlike Ebay), Letsbuy lets you use the coupon on COD payment option as well

I was surprised to see Dell XCD35 is down to 11,150 on ebay, and Rs 11499 in flipkart.

Hoping letsbuy updates their price soon, and it could be a good buy at Rs 11499 with 15% discount @ 9775 :D

on letsbuy,for dell xcd35, they are showing warranty for 12 months...is it really so or just a bluff??

i have been reading here that dell isn't offering any warranty !!

btw if we are comparing the specs of scd35 with LG O1, the screen is better, camera isn't that great but seen everyone suggesting it over LG O1...any reasons??

i mean it has lesser ram (256mb) but with rom, does that make huge difference?

swapyworld said:
on letsbuy,for dell xcd35, they are showing warranty for 12 months...is it really so or just a bluff??
i have been reading here that dell isn't offering any warranty !!

btw if we are comparing the specs of scd35 with LG O1, the screen is better, camera isn't that great but seen everyone suggesting it over LG O1...any reasons??
The XCD35 was priced at 15K at launch, reduced to 13.5K and now it has drastically come down to 11.5K
Its screen resolution is much better than LG O1, but the build quality of LG is better (The power button of XCD 35 is a little filmsy)

At 15K price point, nothing beats the Motorola Defy.

camera of both are par, xcd35 is autofocus afaik.

And yeah xcd35 is 256mb ram, but incase you're gonna mod ur phone whether u buy LG or Dell, then it makes no difference as xcd35's ram can be unlocked(read more on google, some cant)

nooby q:does moding android phones (LG O1 or other) void warranty - I hope there will be a factory reset option. I moded my nokia e51 long time back..

how/where to get the reliance /icici coupons for letsbuy.com ??

satyanjoy said:
nooby q:does moding android phones (LG O1 or other) void warranty - I hope there will be a factory reset option. I moded my nokia e51 long time back..

how/where to get the reliance /icici coupons for letsbuy.com ??
It does void the warranty......but there r very less chances of going anything wrong.....even u can switch back to original ROM to claim the warranty.......Once u have a custom ROM installed the reset option wont help u in any case coz it is not going to put back the original software in ur device :p ....

You wont be getting those coupons newhere just put the coupon code while ordering the product

RCOMLSB is the 15% off coupon (Max 2000 i guess) originally for reliance post paid customers but now available for everybody....

Dont know the code for icici...

Back