Android phone with a little bit of everything.

Overdrive413

Disciple
Apr 4, 2007
My Birthday is in a fortnight and after several deliberations, have decided on gifting myself a High-end phone. Looking at all of the options these days in the Android world, I am going mad trying to decide which one to buy. But, I would like to have a bit of everything. A faster processor, a good camera with flash that can shoot atleast 720p video, good onboard memory, I've already got a 16GB MicroSD card that doesn't work on my current phone. Had to buy another 8GB one for that. So, a memory card slot is also needed. In future, I might also try using some custom ROMs and stuff, so support for that would be sweet. Please do note that I am a guy who uses every product to the end of its life. I have only changed phones when they were almost dead. Sold them for peanuts and then bought a newer phone.

Questions:-

1. Q: Budget?

A: 20k - 25k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?

A: TFT/AMOLED/qHD --> Anything that looks good.

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

A: Always used a Nokia, faced many issues with a couple of Sony-Ericsson phones, hence do not prefer this one.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

A: Required a 8MP camera. Flash. Dual-LED or Xenon flash would be sweet.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

A: Android right now.

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

A: 3G,WiFi

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

A: Camera, mails,gaming, internet and of course, calling/texting.

10. Q: Any other requirements?

A: Don't require dual sim/require dual sim/etc.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

A: I have fallen in love with the Galaxy S2 (i9100) but the prices have been jacked up like crazy, a friend of mine bought it last year end for around 23k, but now find them at not less than 28k.

DISCLAIMER : All the jargons in the requirements I've stated in this post are lifted off from several confusing posts on this forum
5da69969.gif
. Any indication of my knowledge in this matter is purely co-incidental.

cooleagle

Adept
Sep 20, 2011
Hi buddy,

If you want to buy a S2 then wait for a few weeks if possible, you'll see its price its price come down once S3 his Indian shores. But it could take a month or more, the picture will become clearer in the following week.

You can also try your luck by requesting for an eBay 10% off coupon in the eBay thread and then get a S2 i9100 (not i9100G) from eBay within your budget.
happy55.gif

If you can't wait & don't get lucky then I'll suggest you to consider the following(though these handsets have been launched long back):

- HTC Sensation(Dual Core)

Spec: http://www.gsmarena....sation-3875.php

Review: http://www.gsmarena....-review-605.php

HTC Sensation v/s Galaxy S2: http://www.gsmarena....-review-608.php

- Sony Xperia Arc S (Single Core so less preferred)

Spec: http://www.gsmarena...._arc_s-4134.php

Both the above handsets are fine but my vote still goes for S2 i9100, rest its up to you.

Happy B'Day to you in advance.
happy19.gif

>>MrOmk@r<<

Disciple
Jan 15, 2012
I guess price of Galaxy S II will drop within a week or two as Samsung is going to announce Galaxy S III today( 3 may)

so you should wait for few days and you can get galaxy s II for lower price.

OR you can buy Samsung galaxy nexus which has better hardware than S II and price is around 23-24k, it is not officially launched in India so you won't get warranty.

Overdrive413

Disciple
Apr 4, 2007
I went through that comparo by GSM Arena, and looks like S2 leads by a comfortable margin.

Thanks for the heads up guys. I still have some time, so I guess waiting does no harm. I just hope this doesn't end up as a never ending wait similar to my quest for the new Pulsar. Heard of the news last jan. waited more than an year, but still not launched.

Thanks for the wishes cooleagle.

Overdrive413

Disciple
Apr 4, 2007
Thanks for the updates guys. But looks like S2>Sensation>others. IMHO.

I guess waiting for the S2 prices to drop seems like a sensible option.

One more query. Does the box of the S2 have the model clearly mentioned? Cos, when I checked out the stores, the box mentioned the model as I9100 in all the stores I enquired. Only the Croma guy mentioned that he had only I9100G but didn't have the box to show.