Android phone within 15K

sunny27

Stig's Indian Cousin!!!
Skilled
I am currently looking for a cheap Android based phone within 15K which should have the following features:-
[1] Large screen with good viewing angles and legibility under sunlight as well as a good responsive touchscreen. Most importantly it should clearly depict the in game movement while playing Angry birds (the main reason for buying the phone)
[2] 3G including video calling functions(in case I fancy using it in the future)
[3] WIFI and a lag-free user interface which should be capable of handling full length movies (will use a 16 gb Micro SD card with the phone)
[4] Excellent build quality capable of handling knocks and rough use as well rough operating conditions including high temperatures and dust
[5] 3.5mm headphone jack along with good sound quality
[6] Good call quality and excellent network signal reception
[7] Software should be easily upgradeable to newer versions of Google's Android

PlayPlus said:
Huh? Samsung 'brand' is more trusted than LG brand in India, as proved by recent reader surveys in both Digit and Chip. Some people *do* care for that, even if you don't.

Now that G3 also has access to FroYo ROMs, one has to decide whether to go for O1 or G3..O1 has double the amount of RAM and higher screen resolution, but is G3 really 'insufficient' on these fronts? One has to test for themselves and decide..

Afaik, the G3 has absolutely NO hardware graphics acceleration, so forget playing any decent games on your G3.

Hi,

I have to buy an android urgently,
What about Dell XCD35, it sells for 15299/- at flipkart..?
(I know it is orange san francisco and could be bought for much less, but there is no stock and I cannot wait!):(

The question is the pixels are much more for same proc/ram as LG Optimus one, will it affect the performance? (noob question, I assume :ashamed:)

thanks

thanga said:
Hi,

I have to buy an android urgently,

What about Dell XCD35, it sells for 15299/- at flipkart..?

(I know it is orange san francisco and could be bought for much less, but there is no stock and I cannot wait!):(

The question is the pixels are much more for same proc/ram as LG Optimus one, will it affect the performance? (noob question, I assume :ashamed:)

thanks
dell XCD has only 256MB RAM.

_

whether to buy a brand or a product is a matter of personal choice, if i know poster then i think he created topic to discuss product.

@people advocating samsung service

my sister's corby is giving touch related issue, it has been at samsung service centre for around 4months in total since it was bought; warranty expires next month but issue still remains unresolved. written to samsung but did not help at all, they take around a month to service one phone. So is the condition in my area (at least). But if you can vouch on behalf od samsung then be my guest and get the phone replaced from samsung.

LG has had a bad share or reviews in the past but does not mean it is the present and future would be the same.

@topic

Lg Optimus One is pretty much the best in your budget as far as availability in india is concerned.

if possible, import and get zte blade. plays angry birds smoothly. it takes less than a day to complete the game...two if you have to try alot.. borrow from a friend nearby and save those 12.5k if angry birds is all you want to do with it :p

Back