Android + Slide-out keyboard < 14000 INR

arjie

Disciple
Hello, everyone,

I'm looking for an Android phone with a QWERTY keyboard. I'm not interested in portrait keyboards which squeeze a tiny low-resolution screen into the top of the phone. Is it possible to get all of these conditions met under Rs. 14000?

UPDATE: I didn't want to bump this thread since I am not going to add anything useful. Got my dad a Motorola Droid 2 Global, so never got to test the Sony.

Regards,

Roshan

SE Xperia Mini Pro. Guess that the best bet in your budget after discounts from letsbuy.

Another option if you increase your budget a bit is the HTC Desire Z for ~ 17k-18k (But availability is an issue.) Though you can import one from USA.(used w/o warranty)

As DarkAngel said Xperia Mini Pro is good and is faster than Desire Z and comes with GB on board

Smaller screen size and low resolution are the disadvantages compared to Desire Z

With a T-Mobile G2 / HTC Desire Z - definitely yes! Only catch is that you'll have to import it. Else, look for a good used Motorola Milestone

Sent from Alienated MAtrix using T'Talk Pro

I love you guys, that was really quick.

Okay, I looked through the options:

1. The HTC ChaCha is right out because it has a portrait screen.

2. The only HTC Desire Z I can see is at 23.9k on letsbuy which is too much for me considering I just helped a friend get an SGS2 for 26.5k.

3. The Sony Xperia Mini Pro looks like the good stuff.

So that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to recommend the Sony Xperia Mini Pro (apparently very different from the Sony Xperia X10 Mini Pro) to my dad, who is the one looking for a new phone. Thank you all for your help.

So, just confirming, this is the best deal I can expect for the phone? I'm planning on using the rcomlb1 coupon I found on the Internet. Are there any conditions on that coupon or any better prices available elsewhere?

No problem, baccilus, I will definitely tell you all how it works out.

Thanks, Altair. Sometimes it surprises me how expensive these things are (his previous phone was an E63 and that's a few years old now), but then I remember how much these new ones do.

Go for Samsung Galaxy Gio

SAMSUNG GALAXY S VIBRANT SGH T959 <<< ORANGE SAN FRANCISCO <<< SAMSUNG GALAXY SPICA i5700 <<< SONY ERICSSON C903 <<< SONY ERICSSON C510 <<< SONY ERICSSON G502 <<< SONY ERICSSON K550i <<< SONY ERICSSO W380i

Back