Annoying problem with SMS scrolling on HTC Legend.

ashr

Skilled
Hello folks.

I've got a rather annoying problem with text messaging on the Legend. The phone sorts all texts as instant messenger style conversations with a contacts. Now, I've got over 650 such messages sent to and received from a single person. I missed reading some of them earlier (technically not unread messages, just missed it in a large list) but as I sent and received more after that, they've gone up in the list that you can scroll through.

However, when I try scrolling up, it automatically snaps back to the bottom of the list. This also seems to happen rather randomly. Sometimes I can go further up before it snaps back and sometimes not so much.

Any ideas / solutions / workarounds? I really need to get to those messages that I missed out on. Deleting my way up is not an option. I tried Google but I couldn't find any solutions. Maybe there's some way to open my messages on my computer?

Thanks in advance. This is driving me crazy.

Did you try with any other 3rd party messaging clients rather than the default one?

Something like hancent?? Some say they prefer it over the default client....

yeah using Handcent solved the problem but I'd rather use HTC's application. It goes well with the rest of the UI unlike Handcent which blatantly stands out even after I customized it a lot to look like HTC Messaging :(

Back