PC Peripherals Any Good Stores in Lammy for Case Fan

broadway

Disciple
Jun 3, 2009
I need to buy 40/50/60 mm sleeve barring case fans. There are a lot of these selling on the street stalls in lammy for 20 bucks but they are all old and make too much noise. I tried asking for info regarding the stores with the lammy people but they were un-cooperative.

Also, where can i find braids for sleeving my power supply cables?

Superbad

Skilled
May 26, 2009
I had asked for those in prime they said they only stock 120 mm fans. asked many stores they too suggested to get those 20 bucks fans.i had got some from them for 30 bucks they looked new. and they are silent working fine upto now.

broadway

Disciple
Jun 3, 2009
The stores do not seem to be keeping any fans besides the 80/120mm ones. I have quite a few of these 30 bucks fan. Bought so many times that the guy knows my face and sells them for 20 bucks now lol. Problem is that they make a scratchy sound which is not audible in the day but very much so in the night. Not something you'd like to hear when you set the computer to download something all night long.
swastikrj said:
the most famous ones are - Primeabgb , Elounge or TheITWares, Mcgann
Is it just my timing or is theitwares store always closed?

eternoMind

Skilled
Aug 4, 2009
broadway said:
Is it just my timing or is theitwares store always closed?

That was my first thought when i had gone there for an urgent purchase... lol
yadusaiyan said:
^he starts the lamington shop at sharp 2pm afternoon but sometimes he comes early
The neighboring store guy told me he opens at 3 PM everyday... so had to hunt other shops

sunny27

Stig's Indian Cousin!!!
Skilled
Oct 7, 2009
Top Gear Test Track
You can use these for sleeving your cables - eBay India: HEAT SHRINK TUBES (item 150482178945 end time 18-Sep-2010 11:53:17 IST)

or you can alternatively try these - http://www.techenclave.com/overclocking-n-modding/cable-sleeves-availability-query-173246.html

I bought 1 meter of these cable sleeves for 15rs and it works perfectly. I have sleeved all my fan cables - cable management is a charm - you get different colours and variable thickness of the sleeve material along with variable diameter. You can get them in any hardware and electrical shop in your area. The material is similar to the ones used to sleeve electric iron cables, fuses, electric geyser cables.

broadway

Disciple
Jun 3, 2009
I get heat shrink sleeves locally.

Yup i've seen those braids on iron machines. Do the electrical stores have a name for it?

broadway

Disciple
Jun 3, 2009
I didn't find any stores selling these fans but i did find a solution for the noise problem in the existing fans. Apparently, the noise was mostly due to aerodynamics and very little came from it's mechanics. The moving air was hitting the chassis at a certain place which made a annoying whistling sound. I bought an electrical tape and insulated the whole metal area with it. The noise has been cut by more than half.
sunny27 said:
tell the people at the electrical store, iron/geyser/fuse ke insulation sleeve chahiye.
I tried with some local stores but they didn't have it. I'll have to find bigger electrical stores.