any vfm laptop with 17" display ?

well ! i think you should leave the idea of a 17" screen dude ! bigger screen will eat more battery and will give you less standby !

get a 15.6" vaio or dell ! they are quite nice .

buddingwhizkid said:
well ! i think you should leave the idea of a 17" screen dude ! bigger screen will eat more battery and will give you less standby !

get a 15.6" vaio or dell ! they are quite nice .
its not my choice to leave it or not. have made the same very evident all throughout.

ps. power saving modes with the screen turning off due to inactivity after 'x' minutes helps put the lcd off. and like its already said the laptop will be used at home only so it will run on AC and not on battery anyways, so no issue with battery being eaten. standby time really doesn't matter much - the laptop will either be 'on' or 'off'. thanks for the suggestions though.

in house dell dealers can anyone help with a good quote for a Dell 15R ?

@sunny27: awaiting reply to my previous post on pg 1

there is a core 2 duo(t6600 2.2ghz) laptop with the ati 512mb 4330 and 320 gb hdd with 17 inches and windows 7 home for 30750 which includes 2 yrs of warranty. the core i3 with intel graphics is 34k and it comes with 320gb hdd and 2yrs warranty.

keyboards are a matter of personal taste -- i hate the chiclet styled keyboards in macbooks and sony vaios.

Desecrator said:
Next to impossible! :)

I'm dead sure no 17"er ATM would come with a C2D processor. C2D is EOL already - replaced by the entry level i3 processor which is by no means hifi FYI.

I'll reiterate again - Dell has no 17"er retailing in India ATM for anything you are going to shell out. HP/Compaq may have them but their customer support is nowhere close to what Dell offers and I've seen their laptops conking off pretty sooner than a Dell or an Acer.

Under 40k, if you can leave the requirement of a 17" screen, you can get a good model with a complete cover support for 3 years. My friend recently got himself a Inspiron 14R with 3 yr CC for just under 40k.
can you confirm the above in bold please. and also can you help me get the order no. reference from your friend ? I can use the same as a reference. Almost finalized on the 15R with 3 yrs CC option.

He's left the company to pursue MBA at IIM Shillong. Shall contact him and let you know. His was an Inspiron 14R - I am sure since it was me who recommended him the deal with the 3 years' Complete Cover support. :)

Although I am not sure if his order number would help.

Desecrator said:
He's left the company to pursue MBA at IIM Shillong. Shall contact him and let you know. His was an Inspiron 14R - I am sure since it was me who recommended him the deal with the 3 years' Complete Cover support. :)

Although I am not sure if his order number would help.
If you can let me know in the week to come it would be great. The reason why i'm asking you for the reference no. is with a prior experience with dell...when i had asked them for a quote equivalent to what was quoted to someone else, they asked me for a reference / order / quote no. for the same. No other reason to ask the same. Also the 14R is costlier than the 15R right now, so I can get an even lesser quote using that. Thanks for your assistance in advance.

Back