Anyone used THYROCARE here

ibm_jennifer

Disciple
Got a call from thyrocare agent for 64 TESTS at Rs.1600

Havent heard them before, if anyone have experience, please guide me, recommended or not?

it's good to be health cautious ....but to go for (or thinking) for test on a call from AGENT it's not good idea. After all AGENTS are there to make money for themselves & for their organizations.

If you are thyroid patient & your Endocrinologist suggest same than ONLY go with.

HTH

Got a call from thyrocare agent for 64 TESTS at Rs.1600

Havent heard them before, if anyone have experience, please guide me, recommended or not?

I have used Thyrocare, Bangalore services 5 times or so for regular health screening. You can usually find coupons on kphojguru. In terms of service, they are good and you have an option to ask the rep to collect your blood sample from home. They send the reports by courier and email, usually within 1-3 days of collecting the sample. IMO, you can trust them and are pros.

Last time I used their service was in Jan 2012, before moving out of India.

I have used thyrocare and advise against using their services. Out of the 60 tests, half of them are arrived at dividing / adding values of other 30 tests. So , u just pay for 30 tests. Also, a medical test can be performed by 3-4 different methods. Thyrocare uses the most easiest and least exhaustive method and hence, tests values are not very reliable.

I have used thyrocare and advise against using their services. Out of the 60 tests, half of them are arrived at dividing / adding values of other 30 tests. So , u just pay for 30 tests. Also, a medical test can be performed by 3-4 different methods. Thyrocare uses the most easiest and least exhaustive method and hence, tests values are not very reliable.

The second part of your opinion is interesting. Agree with the first part, where the 'actual' number of tests can be less than what is 'claimed'. BTW, they also list the test method used in the report, so if your doctor is not convinced, some of the tests can be repeated using other methods.

The second part of your opinion is interesting. Agree with the first part, where the 'actual' number of tests can be less than what is 'claimed'. BTW, they also list the test method used in the report, so if your doctor is not convinced, some of the tests can be repeated using other methods.

Actually, only 20 tests are essential in the package and they do exclude a few important tests. You can negotiate with your local path lab for 25 tests who would definitely give you a better deal.

actually they are supposed to be one of the largest labs in India, as well as among the most recommended for tests as i have heard from some doctor friends here in mumbai. Thyrocare Technologies Limited | Accredited | Networked | Barcoded

No denying above but actually, I got mine and Mom's test done undet their packages. My Mom's diabetes related tests , which she gets done regulary, i.e. their values were quite different from the local lab's results.

Our treating Doctor also did not impose much faith on Thyrocare's results.

Back