PC Peripherals APC Smart UPS owner here with two 65AH batteries...very low backup time

wannabelean

Disciple
I own the SUA1000UXI from APC and I'm getting very low backup time. 1hr is the max I get but its more like 45 mins or so. When I first got the batteries and the UPS I was getting backup of 3 hrs plus. Problems with the backup time started showing up from this year. The batteries(2 of them) have been replaced by Exide three times now in the last 8 months or so. I called APC guys one week after my last batteries replacement and they said it was a battery problem. Not sure how it can be a battery problem as all the times I was provided with a new sealed and packed replacements of the batteries. APC replaced the UPS saying that they were doing it for my satisfaction. They changed the UPS but the problem still persists. The only connected items to the UPS are :

My cooler master PSU 350W from the CPU
My Acer Monitor which has a consumption of 39W.

I can report powerchute numbers if they are of any help.

Exide EP 65-12 is the model number of the batteries. I can only think that Exide is giving me refurbs instead of new batteries in new packaging. The manufacturing date on the batteries were only a month earlier...for ex I was provided batteries in April with a March manufacturing date.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
03-08-2013 08-21-36.png

Usually if there are issues with the battery it used to pop up there. I got notification of a failed battery there.

this may be due to some calibration error in ups. previously same thing happened to my ups. the service center guys reset the calibration and that fixed the problem. this can be done only by setting some codes in ups via the serial cable.

Back