OC & Modding Are these temps ok?

tgamer

Disciple
Hi,
I have OC'd my i7 920 to 3.7Ghz with 21x m'plier. I'm using Megahalem in push-pull config with 2 thermaltake tt-1225 fan that I bought about 2 years ago. :eek:
At idle, average core temps (From REALTEMP) were 48-47-46-46C.
Ran Prime95 small FFT, average temps were 71-71-70-69C.
Ambient temp was around 33-35C.
Ive re-seated the cooler twice and got same results. My cabi is HAF 932 and TIM is MX-2.
Are these temps OK?

i7 920s run really hot, those load temps at those clocks are very decent. The idle temps are a bit on the higher side, but no need to panic, its nothing that would give you trouble.

Thanks. Was abit worried about the load temps.. I guess as long as it's under 75C in daily use, it's OK. Although it never exceeds 64C in daily usage, mostly of which is gaming.

Run a game and monitor the temperatures use CoreTEMP, or RivaTuner. That is the worst case real life scenario you would face. If then the temperatures are fine, you are good to go...! Though for your 3.7GHz, are you on the lowest possible (stable) vCore..?

I tested games like ME 2, DA:0, Just Cause 2 and Crysis at max settings. Max temp 65C while it the average temps was 55-61C. Also, I just finished running Intel Burn Test (20 cycles, 8 Thread, Max stress).. max temp was 74-72-71-70 whle average was 71-71-70-69 (RealTEMP).

I am currently using Vcore of 1.2. Have'nt tested how low it can still get though. But now as I have finished stability test with Prime95 and IBT and system is stable, I will experiment with it! :)

Back