Assassin's Creed: Revelations - Discussion Thread

Gannu said:
And YAY! The game will also ship without the always-ON DRM says Ubi to some RPS guy. Damn that trailer wants me to grab meself a console copy. :(

Actually, I'm not sure if one can take this at face value. Ubisoft had said the same thing about From Dust before release. They announced before release that it would have only one-time activation, but when the actual game released it was found to have the always-on one. Basically, Ubisoft knew that their DRM was unpopular and they lied before release in order to get people to pre-order the game. So, it could be that they are playing the same trick again.

Platforming section is one of the best i have seen and this time around Ubisoft makes them as large set pieces

Just completed the game overall I can say it was a dissappointment for me none of the elements kept me.pushing to play the game the assassins, bombs none of them were interesting at all the only highlist of the game was platforming sections of masyaf keys they just lifted the game to a different level haven't seen such good platforming with action in a very long time.

The ending too was good though again its WTF but its more satisfying and it only leads to a sequel hence ubisoft have announced one.Also there were some first person sequences for Desmond which I didn't even played a single.one since the game this time does not motivates much too indluge in extra activities.

Fps were pretty good on 360 but I heard there are issues with fps on ps3

Began the title yesterday midnight and the first thing that grabbed my attention was the 2 neat strips of black bars at the top and bottom of the display! Seriously WTF Ubishaft? Folks with displays having the 16:10 aspect ratio (in my case 1920 x 1200) will be having this issue. I did a quick search on Google and it appears that even the previous iterations of Assassin's Creed had the same issue and there was no official fix from the developer's side as a workaround. This is really lame. I cannot believe that these folks cannot alter the FOV in the game to compensate for the additional pixels. This is the second title in the series I am attempting on the PC (the first being the original Assassin's Creed) and the later ones were played on the console so this did not happen. Sucks! Got frustrated and crashed. Will resume the game today.

dinjo said:
Console version didn't have those black bars.

They obviously wouldn't since consoles output resolutions in the 16:9 aspect ratio by default and the display device would upscale the resolution in case of a mismatch.

Connected my PC to the 40" display and resumed the playthrough. It has become much better now that those annoying little black bars in the letterbox mode have gone. Ezio has grown old and weary and yet he seems to wield the sword as the young Ezio we saw him back in Assassin's Creed II and Brotherhood. Just arrived at Constantinople and I haven't noticed many changes by far. Visuals look good as usual with the crisp textures. As far as the performance goes, I was able to max out all the settings at 1920 * 1080 and the frames were a rock-solid 60 - so absolutely no issues there. Combat with the varied kill-sequences and Ezio's controls seemed fluid. Not sure if it has been refined since Brotherhood though. Anyhow, AC II still tops my list of the best title in the series by far (unless Revelations proves me wrong in the due course of gameplay). Will continue the game for the weekend. :p

Aman27deep said:
Bet for a cup of coffee, PC will be pushed to Q1/Q2 of 2012.

You lose! :bleh:

Isn't anyone here who will be buying this game for multiplayer ? I played brotherhood's multiplayer from the day it released for a good 5-6 months & believe me it was really stupendous. It would be pretty disappointing if no one here steps forward now. I have 2-3 Indian ACB frnds in my list who will be buying this game for multiplayer.

Completed the game yesterday. Felt it to be a notch shorter and slightly less immersive than Brotherhood and AC II but a good game nonetheless. There weren't many changes either. Other than the hook-blade and a bazillion different bombs that can be fabricated, the game shared most aspects of Brotherhood as far as the combat and gameplay was concerned. Visuals looked fantastic on the PC - absolutely no hiccups here with regard to frame drops or broken AA. Did not bother with the short series of Desmond's Journey sequences which I believe is vastly similar to Cristina Memories from Brotherhood. The game explored several vital sequences from Altair's life as well. The ending made a lot more sense than the previous titles and we are definitely going to miss Ezio in the upcoming titles - FTR this isn't a spoiler! It was well known much before that Revelations is going to be the last title where Ezio will make his last appearance as the primary protagonist. He proved himself to be a vital descendant to the creed.

Gannu said:
Completed the game yesterday. Felt it to be a notch shorter and slightly less immersive than Brotherhood and AC II but a good game nonetheless. There weren't many changes either. Other than the hook-blade and a bazillion different bombs that can be fabricated, the game shared most aspects of Brotherhood as far as the combat and gameplay was concerned. Visuals looked fantastic on the PC - absolutely no hiccups here with regard to frame drops or broken AA. Did not bother with the short series of Desmond's Journey sequences which I believe is vastly similar to Cristina Memories from Brotherhood. The game explored several vital sequences from Altair's life as well. The ending made a lot more sense than the previous titles and we are definitely going to miss Ezio in the upcoming titles - FTR this isn't a spoiler! It was well known much before that Revelations is going to be the last title where Ezio will make his last appearance as the primary protagonist. He proved himself to be a vital descendant to the creed.

Desmond Memories are first person levels in the game just like portal.

Have you guys played the sequence in which ezio disguises as a minstrel

if you press any buttons he will sing a song and they are so flippin funny

"Cesare, oh Cesare,

A man of great depravity,

Believed himself immortal

'till he had a date with gravity."

"I am a tactless misntrel,

I sing off key for coins,

If you spot me in the streets,

Please kick me in the loins."

:lol: :rofl:

^Yep that sequence was good. And the chase sequence in the cart towards the end.

One character I definitely missed in the game was Bartolomeo. :(

Back